IOT-HR 2022 : IOT-HR: WORKSHOP ON INTERNET OF THINGS IN HEALTH RESEARCH
Call For Papers
Aim and Scope:
Internet of Things (IoT) devices such as mobile phones, smart watches, fitness trackers and smart home appliances constantly acquire data about our lives and our bodies. These data can be used to support research in health-related subjects, to improve or automatise diagnosis, treatments and foster healthy and independent living. Along with benefits,
important challenges come in terms of quality and meaningfulness of the collected data, usability and long term acceptance, transparency, data protection and trustability.
The aim of this workshop is to explore these fundamental questions with researchers and practitioners from academia and industry.
Topics and scope:
● Use of IoT systems for health research
● IoT and electronic Patient-Reported Outcomes (ePRO) / electronic Clinical Outcome
● IoT-based tele-health and home monitoring systems
● IoT-based Active and Healthy Ageing technologies
● Hardware/software platforms for health research
● Algorithms and methods for gathering clinically-relevant knowledge from IoT devices
● Security, privacy and trust in IoT for health applications
● Clinical trials and pilot studies involving IoT
The format of this workshop consists of presentations and / or demonstrations followed by a session where attendants, including authors, discuss their own work, or connected research and application topics. When registering to the workshop, attendants will be asked to name some topics that they would be interested in discussing. The answers will be used to set up the topics of the discussion rooms.
Online presentations and discussion sessions are also possible if the attendant cannot travel.
Papers should be submitted through EAI ‘Confy+‘ system, and have to comply with the Springer format.
Submit here: https://confyplus.eai.eu/app#conftrack-overview/cid/53144
All registered papers will be submitted for publishing by Springer and made available through SpringerLink Digital Library.
PervasiveHealth proceedings are indexed in leading indexing services, such as Web of Science, Compendex, Scopus, DBLP, EU Digital Library, Google Scholar, IO-Port, MathSciNet, Inspec, and Zentralblatt MATH.
Authors of selected best accepted and presented papers will be invited to submit an extended version to:
● IEEE Journal of Biomedical and Health Informatics, Special Issue: Pervasive Computing for Healthcare
All accepted authors are eligible to submit an extended version in a fast track of:
● EAI Endorsed Transactions on Pervasive Health and Technology (Open Access) – indexed in Ei Compendex & Scopus
EAI Endorsed Transactions on Bioengineering and Bioinformatics (Open Access)
Additional publication opportunities:
● EAI/Springer Innovations in Communications and Computing Book Series
(titles in this series are indexed in Ei Compendex, Web of Science & Scopus)
● Papers should be in English.
● Previously published work may not be submitted, nor may the work be concurrently submitted to any other conference or journal. Such papers will be rejected without review.
● The paper submissions must follow the Springer formatting guidelines (see Author’s kit at https://pervasivehealth.eai-conferences.org/2022/submission/#authorskit).
● Read the Publication Ethics and Malpractice Statement (https://eudl.eu/static/Publication-Ethics-and-Malpractice-Statement-for-EAI-Transactions.pdf).
● Dario Salvi, Malmo University, Sweden
● Francesco Potortì, CNR, Italy
● Filippo Palumbo, CNR, Italy
● Elena Villalba Mora, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, Spain
● Giuseppe Fico, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, Spain
● Vanesa Soto Leon, Hospital Nacional de Parapléjicos, Spain
● Carl Magnus Olsson, Malmo University, Sweden
● Kevin Tsang, The University of Edinburgh
● Ahmar Shah Tsang, The University of Edinburgh
● Gent Ymeri, Malmo University, Sweden
● Paper Submission deadline 9 October 2022
● Notification deadline 6 November 2022
● Camera-ready deadline 27 November 2022