ICIBM 2020 : International Conference on Intelligent Biology and Medicine
Call For Papers
Call for Papers
2020 International Conference on Intelligent Biology and Medicine (ICIBM 2020)
August 9-11, 2020, Philadelphia, PA, USA, https://icibm2020.iaibm.org/
It is our great pleasure to announce the 8th International Conference on Intelligent Biology and Medicine (ICIBM 2020), which will take place Philadelphia, PA, USA August 9-11, 2020, https://icibm2020.iaibm.org/. ICIBM is a high caliber conference which brings together eminent scholars with expertise in various fields of computational biology, systems biology, computational medicine, as well as experimentalists interested in application of computational methods in biomedical studies. The purpose of the ICIBM is to provide a congenial atmosphere highly conducive to extensive discussion and networking.
You are invited to submit papers with unpublished original work describing recent advances on all aspects of Bioinformatics, Intelligent Computing, Systems Biology, and Medical Informatics, including but not restricted to the following topics:
• Genomics and genetics, including integrative & functional genomics, genome evolution.
• Next generation sequencing data analysis, applications, and software and tools.
• Big data science including storage, analysis, modeling, visualization, and cloud.
• Precision medicine, translational bioinformatics and medical informatics.
• Drug discovery, design, and re-purposing.
• Proteomics, and protein structure prediction, molecular simulation and evolution.
• Single cell sequencing data analysis.
• Microbiome and Metagenomics.
• Artificial intelligence, machine learning, deep learning, data mining, knowledge discovery.
• Natural language processing, literature mining, semantic ontology, and health informatics.
• Neural computing, kernel methods, feature selection/extraction.
• Evolutionary computing, swarm intelligence / optimization, ensemble methods.
• Manifold learning theory, artificial life and artificial immune.
• Image analysis and processing.
• Modeling and simulation of biological processes, pathways, and networks.
• Mathematical and quantitative models of cellular and multi-cellular systems.
• Multi-dimensional omics data integration.
• Synthetic biological systems.
• Metabolomics, microbiome, and lipidomics.
• Self-organization in living systems (cells, organisms, swarms, ecosystems, etc.).
• Applications of systems biology approaches to biomedical studies.
• Cohort discovery, EHR-based phenotyping, Predictive Modeling
• Data quality assessment or validation.
• Decision support solutions.
• Interoperability (e.g., ontology, terminology, and others).
• Machine learnng for clinical applications.
• Mobile health and wearable devices.
Paper Submission and Publication:
Prospective authors are invited to submit unpublished work to ICIBM 2020. All papers and abstracts will be submitted through EasyChair Conference System. Detailed information is available through: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=icibm2020.
All submitted papers will be peer-reviewed. Pending agreement with the publishers, selected papers of the registered authors will be published in special issues of several journals, including BMC Genomics, BMC Bioinformatics, BMC Medical Genomics, BMC Medical Informatics and Decision Making, International Journal of Computational Biology and Drug Design (IJCBDD), Quantitative Biology (QB) and Genes. Authors need to prepare manuscripts in the format of the corresponding journal that they prefer.
The conference typically provides 20 travel awards to students/postdocs; awards will be granted through an NSF grant application.
Deadline for paper submission: March 18, 2020
Notification to authors of papers: May 18, 2020
Deadline for abstract submission: May 25, 2020
Notification to authors of abstracts: June 1, 2020
Conference early registration opens: June 1, 2020
Conference early registration deadline: June 30, 2020
Deadline for travel award application: July 1, 2020
Conference regular registration: July 1 – August 8, 2020
ICIBM conference: August 9-11, 2020
ICIBM Program Chairs
Xinghua Mindy Shi and Li Shen