IC2E 2020 : IEEE International Conference on Cloud Computing (IC2E)
Call For Papers
--------------IC2E 2020 CALL FOR PAPERS--------------
The IEEE International Conference on Cloud Engineering (IC2E) is targeted to be a premier conference on cloud computing, which represents a paradigm shift for the use and delivery of information technology (IT) and has been revolutionizing the support of on-demand access, economies of scale, and dynamic sourcing options. IC2E provides a high-quality and comprehensive forum, where researchers and practitioners can exchange information on engineering principles, enabling technologies, and practical experiences related to cloud computing. The conference brings together experts who work on different levels of the cloud stack—systems, storage, networking, platforms, databases, and applications. IC2E offers an end-to-end view on the challenges and technologies in cloud computing, fosters research that addresses the interaction between different layers of the stack, and ultimately helps shape the future of cloud-transformed business and society.
IC2E-2020 invites submissions of high-quality research papers describing fully-developed results, and ongoing foundational and applied work related to all aspects of cloud engineering. The program committee will interpret “cloud engineering” very broadly—everything from engineering principles to practical experiences, at and across different levels of the cloud stack, from both academia and industry.
We particularly encourage submissions on topics of emerging interest in the research and development communities. We invite submissions on the following topics:
* Cloud Infrastructure
- Processors, accelerators for Cloud processing: interactive, batch, and streaming
- Cloud storage and databases
- Programming models, benchmarks, and tools
- Mobile cloud computing
- Multimedia cloud computing
- Cloud Networking, 5G
- Runtimes, virtualization, containers, unikernels, event-driven serverless
- Platforms and services for data and analytics
- Operational analytics and DevOps solutions
- Economics of cloud
* Cloud services
- X as a Service: Backend, Business Process, Database, Infrastructure, Network, - Platform, Security, Software, Storage, etc.
- Microservices in the cloud
- Support for mobility
- Accelerators at the edge and core
- Edge to core/data center
- AI at the core and edge
- Edge and fog computing
- (Near) Real-time applications and services
- Blockchain in support of Cloud Services
* Cloud management
- Big data management, platforms, analytics
- Energy management in cloud centers
- Cloud security, privacy, compliance, and trust
- SGX, Trust zone, hardware security support
- Hybrid cloud integration
- Metering, pricing, and software licensing
- Resource management and optimization
- Service lifecycle management, automation
- Performance, dependability, SLAs
- Workload deployment and migration
- Resource management and accounting
- Cloud operating models including, public, on-premises and hybrid integration
* Practice and Experience
- Design, implementation and operation of cloud platforms
- Practical design issues with infrastructure, platform and other as-a-service offerings
- Experimental data on cloud operations and usage patterns
- Managing big data, practical challenges and emerging techniques
- Experience with management systems, tools, and integration
Abstract submission deadline: November 25th 2019, 23:59 GMT
Full paper submission deadline: November 29th 2019, 23:59 GMT
Author notification: January 31st 2020
Camera-ready deadline: March 20th 2020
Please submit full (and short) papers by the full paper submission deadline in PDF format via the web submission form. All papers should be double blind.
Full research/industry track papers should not exceed 10 pages double column, including figures, and tables. References can be additional pages. We do not distinguish research and industry, there is a unified track. Short papers are limited to 6 pages, not including references. Short papers should be clearly marked as such in the title.
The manuscripts may not exceed 10-point size font on 8.5x11 inch pages (IEEE conference style).
--------------REVIEW PROCESS & PUBLICATION--------------
All submitted manuscripts will be peer-reviewed. Submissions will be judged on correctness, originality, technical strength, significance, quality of presentation, and interest and relevance to the conference scope. Submitted manuscripts must contain original contributions, and their contributions must NOT have appeared in or be under consideration for publication in another workshop, conference, or journal. After review, some full paper submissions may be offered to be published as a short paper (6 pages) or a poster (2 pages).
Accepted papers will be published by the IEEE Computer Society Conference Publishing Services (EI indexed).