Sensors-SmartCity 2020 : Sensors: Special Issue on IoT enabled Smart Cities
Call For Papers
The Special Issue aims to present high-quality research and recent technology advances towards IoT-enabled Smart Cities. Relevant topics include all aspects of IoT systems in the city domain. Sensing of and actuation on aspects of the physical world provide the basis; sensor networks communicate and initially process sensor data. IoT architectures integrate sensor networks and support processing and control loops on the edge and in the cloud. Security and data quality schemes enable resilient data exchange. Raw data are processed to become information; information is combined and knowledge extracted, enabling the understanding of current and the prediction of future situations. Applications in different domains utilize this understanding to efficiently react in real time, or analyze past situations to improve future behavior.
You are invited to submit original papers that present significant advances of the state of the art regarding IoT-enabled Smart Cities, including but not limited to the following topics:
• Sensor networks for Smart City infrastructure monitoring
• IoT for mission-critical infrastructures of the Smart City
• Edge/Cloud IoT architecture
• Knowledge extraction using machine learning
• Crowd estimation and mobility management
• Semantic modeling of city knowledge
• Digital twin for the Smart City
• Blockchain technology applied to IoT-enabled Smart City
• IoT-enabled circular and collaborative economy in the Smart City
• Monetization and business models for Smart City data
• Application, deployment, testbed and experiments in the Smart City
• Standardization related to the Smart City
If you decide to contribute to this special issue, please inform us. The Editorial Board of Sensors strives to ensure a rigorous and efficient peer review process for all manuscripts, in order to ensure high quality manuscripts be published in a timely manner (if accepted after peer review process).
Sensors is on Quartile-1 on the Journal Citation Reports - Science Edition and on Quartile-2 on the Scimago Journal Report - https://www.scimagojr.com/journalsearch.php?q=130124&tip=sid.
Sensors is covered by leading indexing services, including the Science Citation Index Expanded (Web of Science), PubMed/MEDLINE, Scopus, Chemical Abstracts, INSPEC, and CAB Abstracts. As a fully open access journal, the Article Processing Charges of CHF 1800 (APC) apply to accepted papers.
For further details on the submission process, please see the instructions for authors at the journal website:
In case of questions, please contact the Editorial Office at:
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
I look forward to hearing from you.
Dr. Luis Sánchez
Dr. Martin Bauer
Dr. JaeSeung Song