SCSN 2020 : The Eighth IEEE International Workshop on Semantic Computing for Social Networks and Organization Sciences: from user information to social knowledge
Call For Papers
Call For Papers
Internet users have become providers of information through social networks like Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, and so forth. On the other side organisations may benefit by integrating social network analysis, for instance, to understand employee innovative behaviour, as, for instance, integrating social networks and the leader member exchange perspectives. Still, networks models show how information sharing, models of social cohesion and mutual goals (i.e. values) make organization social capital. In this context Semantic Computing plays a chief role because of its potentiality to turn shapeless crowds information into social and digestible knowledge.
Furthermore, recent developments in processing, storing, and sharing huge amount of data become problematic due to the lack of new approaches, techniques, methods, algorithms and technologies oriented to social networks, including theoretical notions and insufficient awareness on security, retrieval, networking, behavioral and social issues.
The workshop, that will take place between Feb 3, 2020 - Feb 5, 2020, in conjunction with the 14th IEEE International Conference on Semantic Computing (ICSC2020), (http://www.ieee-icsc.org/) is a forum for researchers, industry practitioners and domain experts in the field of semantic computing, social networks, and social interactions and organisation sciences to exchange the latest advances in the state of the art and practice of semantic computing applications to the social network context.
Topics of interest
The topics of interest of the workshop include, but are not limited to:
- Semantics-driven indexing and retrieval for Social Media
- User modeling or social profiling for business and/or non profit organizations
- Semantics-based recommender systems for Social Media: is the dream coming true?
- Web adaptation methods and techniques
- Content on demand: customization or personalization?
- Semantic context modeling and extraction
- Semantic Models generation from social networks data
- Semantically-enabled data filtering
- Sentiment analysis in Social Networks
- Opinion mining in Social Networks
- Social Web Mining
- Semantics of Collective Intelligence
- Mobile social networking
- Distributed semantic computing for social network data analysis
- Collaborative filtering, mining and prediction
- Social computing applications and case studies
- Social Data
- Social Networking
- Data Science and Big Data
- Data Security
- Security Risk Analysis, Modelling, Evaluation and Management
- Social Media Analytics
- Recent Theory, Trends, Technologies and Applications
- Future Directions and Challenges in Information Security System
- Effects of social relationships and knowledge on organisation innovative behaviour
- Emerging social values and their impact on organisation leaderships
Abstract Submission Deadline: November 15, 2019
Submission Deadline: November 22, 2019
Notification of acceptance: December 10, 2019
Camera-Ready Submission and Registration Deadline: December 21, 2019
Shady Khalil, Texas A&M University, Qatar
Jianquan Liu, NEC, Japan
Giovanni Pilato, Italian National Research Council, Italy
Manuscripts must be written (6 pages maximum, all included) in English and follow the instructions in the Manuscript Formatting and Templates page given in ICSC 2020 website (http://www.ieee-icsc.org/) at the “Submission” section.
Papers must be original and not be submitted to or accepted by any other conference or journal.
Only electronic submission will be accepted. Technical paper authors MUST submit their manuscripts through EasyChair ( https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=scsn2020), by following the instructions given on the SCSN website (http://pa.icar.cnr.it/scsn20/).
Manuscripts may only be submitted in PDF format.
Each paper will be peer-reviewed. Papers accepted by the workshop will be published in the conference proceedings published by IEEE Computer Society Press.
Authors are encouraged to submit an abstract (before the abstract submission deadline) and update the abstract to a full paper before the deadline of full paper submission.
For any question regarding the workshop please contact the organizers at scsn-ws (at) pa.icar.cnr.it