EvoMUSART 2020 : 9th International Conference on Artificial Intelligence in Music, Sound, Art and Design
Call For Papers
The 9th International Conference on Artificial Intelligence in Music, Sound, Art and Design (EvoMUSART) will be held in Seville, Spain, on 15-17 April 2020, as part of the evo* event.
SPECIAL ISSUES: There are two special issues on JCR journals associated to EvoMUSART: "Neural Computing and Applications" (Q1, IF: 4.66) and "Entropy" (Q2, IF: 2.419). See EvoMUSART 2020 webpage for more information on these special issues.
The main goal of EvoMUSART is to bring together researchers who are using Artificial Intelligence techniques (e.g. artificial neural network, evolutionary computation, swarm, cellular automata, alife) for artistic tasks such as visual art, music, architecture, video, digital games, poetry, or design. The conference gives researchers in the field the opportunity to promote, present and discuss ongoing work in the area.
Accepted papers will be published by Springer Verlag in the Lecture Notes in Computer Science series.
Extended submission deadline: 15 November 2019
Evo*: 15-17 April 2020
We welcome submissions which use Artificial Intelligence techniques in the generation, analysis and interpretation of art, music, design, architecture and other artistic fields. Submissions must be at most 16 pages long, in Springer LNCS format. Each submission must be anonymised for a double-blind review process. The deadline for submission is 1 November 2019. Accepted papers will be presented orally or as posters at the event and included in the EvoMUSART proceedings published by Springer Verlag in a dedicated volume of the Lecture Notes in Computer Science series.
Indicative topics include but are not limited to:
* Systems that create drawings, images, animations, sculptures, poetry, text, designs, webpages, buildings, etc.;
* Systems that create musical pieces, sounds, instruments, voices, sound effects, sound analysis, etc.;
* Systems that create artefacts such as game content, architecture, furniture, based on aesthetic and/or functional criteria;
* Systems that resort to artificial intelligence to perform the analysis of image, music, sound, sculpture, or some other types of artistic object;
* Systems in which artificial intelligence is used to promote the creativity of a human user;
* Theories or models of computational aesthetics;
* Computational models of emotional response, surprise, novelty;
* Representation techniques for images, videos, music, etc.;
* Surveys of the current state-of-the-art in the area;
* New ways of integrating the user in the process (e.g. improvisation, co-creation, participation).
More information on the submission process and the topics of EvoMUSART can be found at:
Papers published in EvoMUSART can be found at:
We look forward to seeing you in Seville in 2020!
The EvoMUSART 2020 organisers
Tiago Martins (publication chair)