GCAI 2019 : The 5th Global Conference on Artificial Intelligence
Call For Papers
The 5th Global Conference on Artificial Intelligence (GCAI 2019) will be held in Bolzano, 17-19 September 2019. The core objective of GCAI 2019 is to bring together the two main souls of AI, namely symbolic reasoning and machine/deep learning, applied to both software and robotic systems.
GCAI 2019 will be held as part of the Bolzano Rules and Artificial INtelligence Summit (BRAIN 2019). With a special focus theme on "beneficial AI", BRAIN 2019 aims at presenting the latest advancements in AI and rules and their adoption in IT systems towards improving key fields such as environment, health and societies. Submissions that address this theme within the general topics of GCAI are especially welcome.
GCAI 2019 accepts submissions of two types:
- Full paper submissions, which must be original and cannot be submitted simultaneously elsewhere. Full paper submissions must be at most 12 pages long, excluding references. Additional support material may be included in an appendix, which may be considered or ignored by the program committee.
- Extended abstract submissions, which report on ongoing or preliminary work, or on work that is central to symbolic reasoning and/or machine/deep learning applied to both software and robotic systems, but that has already been submitted or recently published elsewhere as a full paper (in the case of an already published paper, the full version has to be referenced explicitly). Extended abstract submissions must be at most 4 pages long, excluding references.
Both types of submissions must be prepared in LaTeX or Microsoft Word using the EasyChair templates, and uploaded in PDF format. Submissions not complying with these guidelines will be rejected at the discretion of the program committee.
Each submission will be reviewed by at least two reviewers.
Abstracts are due on 28 June 2019, full papers and extended abstracts are due on 05 June 2019, and decisions will be made by 26 July 2019.
Submissions: via EasyChair
Instructions for authors and EasyChair paper templates can be found at
LIST OF TOPICS
Submissions in all areas of artificial intelligence are welcome. Suggested topics include, but are not limited to:
+ Knowledge representation
+ Cognitive modeling
+ Reasoning and programming
+ Machine learning
+ Explainable AI
+ Constraints and uncertainty
+ Agents and distributed AI
+ Intelligent user interfaces
+ Natural language systems and linguistics
+ Information retrieval
+ Case-based reasoning
+ Hierarchical and deep representations
+ Affective computing
+ Aviation and aerospace
+ Education and tutoring systems
+ Games and entertainment
+ Human-machine interaction
+ Law and machine ethics
+ Mathematics and the sciences
+ Medicine and healthcare
+ Management and manufacturing
+ World Wide Web
+ Philosophical foundations
+ Social impact and ethics
+ Evaluation of AI systems
+ AI education
Diego Calvanese (Free University of Bozen-Bolzano, Italy)
Luca Iocchi (Sapienza University of Rome, Italy)
The PC members are currently being invited; we plan to have about 40 PC members.
Nikolaj Bjorner (Microsoft Research, USA)
Adel Bouhoula (University of Carthage, Tunisia)
Laura Kovács (Chalmers University, Sweden)
Sriram Rajamani (Microsoft Research, India)
Geoff Sutcliffe (University of Miami, USA)
Andrei Voronkov (University of Manchester, UK)
Organizing Committee of GCAI and BRAIN 2019
GCAI 2019 proceedings will be published in the EasyChair EPiC series in Computing. Proceedings of the previous GCAI conferences are available online:
Georg Gottlob, Geoff Sutcliffe and Andrei Voronkov (editors).
GCAI 2015. Global Conference on Artificial Intelligence (EPiC Series in Computing, Volume 36)
Christoph Benzmüller, Geoff Sutcliffe and Raul Rojas (editors).
GCAI 2016. 2nd Global Conference on Artificial Intelligence (EPiC Series in Computing, Volume 41)
Christoph Benzmüller, Christine Lisetti and Martin Theobald (editors).
GCAI 2017. 3rd Global Conference on Artificial Intelligence (EPiC Series in Computing, Volume 50)
Daniel Lee, Alexander Steen and Toby Walsh (editors).
GCAI-2018. 4th Global Conference on Artificial Intelligence (EPiC Series in Computing, Volume 55)
- Abstract submission deadline: 14 June 2019 (extended to 28 June)
- Paper submission deadline: 21 June 2019 (extend to 5 July)
- Acceptance notification: 26 July 2019
- Camera ready copy due: 16 August 2019
- Conference: 17-19 September 2019
The conference will be held in the main building of the Free University of Bozen-Bolzano, Bolzano Italy, 17-19 September 2019.
All questions about submissions should be emailed to the program chairs.