ATChemPC - ICSTCC 2019 : Advanced Topics in Chemical Process Control: Resilience, Optimization and Decision-Making Systems (Special Session)
Call For Papers
23rd International Conference on System Theory, Control and Computing - ICSTCC 2019
October 9-11, 2019, Sinaia, Romania
Call for papers for the invited session on
Advanced Topics in Chemical Process Control: Resilience, Optimization and Decision-Making Systems
Invited session code: wq2y2
This invited session aims at designing and analyzing high-performance resilient control systems for chemical processes. The topic is one of high importance nowadays since chemical processes are the core of a large number of critical infrastructures such as refineries, petrochemical and pharmaceutical plants or wastewater processing facilities. These infrastructures are supposed to function without error and any interruptions for significant periods of time. This goal can be achieved only if the supporting infrastructure is reliable and the control systems are more secure, dependable, maintainable and high-performing than the controlled infrastructure.
In other words, the next generation of control systems should be designed to keep their normal operation in response to any disturbances, being them operational errors, unexpected malfunctions or malicious threats.
The invited session focuses on, but is not limited to the following topics - resilience of control systems in critical infrastructures;
- resilient chemical process control;
- advanced chemical process control;
- control systems security;
- optimal control systems;
- decision-making systems;
- machine learning applications for resilient chemical process control.
Invited session organizers:
- Emil Pricop, Ph.D., Petroleum-Gas University of Ploiesti, Romania E-mail: email@example.com
- Sanda Florentina Mihalache, Ph.D., Petroleum-Gas University of Ploiesti, Romania
- Nicolae Paraschiv, Ph.D., Petroleum-Gas University of Ploiesti, Romania
- Jaouhar Fattahi, Ph.D., Laval University, Quebec, Canada
- April 26, 2019: Initial submission of papers;
- June 28, 2019: Notification of acceptance for papers;
- July 26, 2019: Final camera-ready manuscript and registration;
Information for authors
All contributions must be written in English. For the Microsoft Word and LaTex templates (A4 format) provided by IEEE eXpress Conference Publishing please visit: http://bit.ly/ieee_cnf_template.
All the papers should be submitted by using the PaperCept System available on-line:
Please use the invited session code – wq2y2 – when uploading your paper.
Papers publishing and indexing
All the accepted papers will be published in the ICSTCC 2019 Conference Proceedings in IEEE Xplore and will be submitted to indexing by Clarivate Analytics Web of Science (ISI-WOS).
All the detailed information is available on the conference website: http://icstcc2019.cs.upt.ro