PACLING 2019 : 16th International Conference of the Pacific Association for Computational Linguistics
Call For Papers
2019 16th International Conference of the Pacific Association for Computational Linguistics (PACLING 2019) October 11-13, 2019, Hanoi, Vietnam
PACLING 2019 will be a high-quality, workshop-style conference whose aim is to promote friendly scientific interaction relating to computational linguistics among Pacific Rim countries. The emphasis of the conference is on interdisciplinary scientific exchange demonstrating openness towards original high-quality research including one which might fall outside current dominant schools of thought, and on technological transfer within and across the Pacific region.
The conference represents a unique forum for scientific and technological exchange, being smaller than ACL and COLING, and more regional with extensive representation from the Pacific.
Substantial, original, and unpublished research is welcome on any topics in computational linguistics, including, but not limited to the following:
- Phonology and Phonetics
- Morphology and Morphological Analysis
- Syntax and Syntactic Analysis
- Semantics and Semantic Analysis
- Pragmatics and Discourse Analysis
- Spoken Language and Dialogue
- Language Resources
- Corpora and Corpus-based Language Processing
- Text and Message Understanding
- Text and Message Generation
- Information Extraction and Text Mining
- Information Retrieval and Question-Answering
- Text Summarization
- Language Learning
- Machine Translation
- Natural Language Interfaces
- Semantic Web and Semantic Computation
- Submission deadline: 15/6/2019
- Notification of acceptance: 7/8/2019
- Camera-ready copy due: 7/9/2019
- Conference dates: 11/10/2019 – 13/10/2019
SUBMISSION OF PAPERS
Authors should prepare submissions in English of up to 6 pages including references. Guidelines and style sheets (based on the IEEE format). Papers that are being submitted to other conferences, whether verbatim or in essence must declare this fact. If a paper appears at another conference, it must be withdrawn from PACLING 2019. Papers that violate these requirements are subject to rejection without review. The submitted papers need not be anonymous.
All papers will be submitted electronically in PDF format, through the web-based conference management system called EasyChair.
BEST PAPER AWARD AND BEST STUDENT PAPER AWARD
Awards for best paper and best student paper will be selected based on the reviews by the program committee.
All accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings in FlashDrive and made available on the website (after a given date).
Selected papers will be published as post-proceedings from Springer.
Contact Address: firstname.lastname@example.org