IoT-SE_Book 2019 : Internet of Things and Secure Smart Environments: Success and Pitfalls
Call For Papers
Call for Book Chapters
BOOK TITLE: Internet of Things and Secure Smart Environments: Success and Pitfalls
Chapman & Hall/CRC Big Data Series
To be published by CRC Press, Taylor & Francis, USA
Uttam Ghosh, Vanderbilt University, USA
Danda B Rawat, Howard University, Washington DC, USA
Raja Datta, IIT Kharagpur, India
Al-Sakib Khan Pathan, Southeast University, Bangladesh
The Internet of Things (IoT) refers to the billions of intelligent physical devices with some processing power and storage capacity, having unique identifiers which connect them to the Internet for collecting and sharing data. The main goal of IoT is to make secure, reliable, and fully automated smart environments e.g., buildings, smart homes, smart cities, smart healthcare, smart grids, smart agriculture, smart vehicles, etc. However, there are many technological challenges in deploying IoT. This includes connectivity and networking, timeliness, power and energy consumption dependability, security and privacy, compatibility and longevity, and network/protocol standards, etc., with respect to resource-constrained embedded sensors and devices.
Topics of Interest
The book aims to systematically collect and present quality research findings in the areas of recent advances in IoT area to give wide benefit to a huge community of researchers, educators, practitioners and industries. We provide a typical list of chapters/areas to cover both fundamental and advanced areas of IoT for Secure Smart environment. Submissions are solicited on the following topics, but are not limited to:
- IoT Architectures for Smart Environments
- Networking technology in IoT (SDN, 5G, LTE, Narrowband, WBAN/BAN/BSN, WSN, RFID, NFC, etc.)
- IPv6 Addressing, Naming, and Discovery in IoT
- Infrastructure identity management and access control systems in IoT for Smart Environments
- Distributed Computing aspect of IoT for Smart Environments
- Data Handling and Management (accumulation, abstraction, storage, processing, encryption, fast retrieval, security and privacy) in IoT for Smart Environments
- Availability and resilience aspects in IoT for Smart Environments
- Cloud computing and Fog Computing in IoT for Smart Environments
- Energy management and Green IoT for Smart Environments
- Quality Assurance in IoT for Smart Environments
- Trust management in IoT for Smart Environments
- Incentive mechanisms for IoT applications for Smart Environments
- Threat and attack models of IoT applications for Smart Environments
Proposal Submission: May 31, 2019
Proposal (Acceptance/Rejection): June 30, 2019 (no later than)
Sample Chapter Submission: October 31, 2019
Review (Acceptance/Rejection): December 01, 2019
Complete Chapter Submission (to editors): January 31, 2020
Publication Time (Tentative): Q2/2020 (tentative)
Each manuscript should be written in a tutorial manner with enough details so that it can be easily accessible to the readers outside the specialty of the area.
- Expected manuscript length is between 7,000 to 12,000 words. Longer manuscripts may be allowed based on the topic and need.
Manuscripts submitted for the book must be original, must not be previously published or currently under review anywhere.
- The manuscript must be prepared using MS-Office (doc or docx) or LaTex.
- Kindly do not use any special formatting or macro for the submission version, doc or docx file.
Use A4 page with 1 inch (or, 2.54 cm) margin on all sides, single column format, 1.5 line spacing with 11 point sized font, Times New Roman.
References should be cited within the text with numbers in sequence like , , , ....
An all-in-one PDF file may be submitted for the initial version.
If the chapter is accepted, formatting style provided by CRC Press must be followed and Editable files for text (Tex / MS-Office file (doc, docx)) must be supplied.
A chapter proposal (1-2 page including probable Table of Contents and Affiliation, Contacts) should be sent to the editor as soon as possible.
Please create your account in EasyChair if you do not have one.