SEBD 2019 : SEBD 2019: 27th Italian Symposium on Advanced Database Systems
Call For Papers
27th Italian Symposium on Advanced Database Systems
Castiglione della Pescaia (GR), Italy, June 16-19, 2019
The 2019 edition of the SEBD Symposium will be jointly organized by ISTI CNR Pisa, Sapienza Università di Roma, Università della Calabria and ICT-SUD Cosenza, and will take place in Castiglione della Pescaia (Grosseto), Italy, at Riva del Sole (https://rivadelsole.it/), 16 - 19 June 2019.
This is the 27th edition of the symposium, which is the major annual event of the Italian database research community. The symposium is thought as a gathering forum to meet, discuss and exchange experiences among all those, both in the academy and industry, who are interested in database systems and in all their broad range of applications.
***** IMPORTANT DATES *****
Paper submission: 3 March 2019 (before 23:59 UTC) ---EXTENDED----18 March 2019 (before 23:59 UTC)
Notification: 20 April 2019
Camera ready: 20 May 2019
***** TOPICS *****
The conference covers a broad range of topics, including traditional database management, as well as new challenges for data management in any possible domain. Suggested topics include (but not limited to) the following:
- Big Data and Smart Computing;
- Data integration, Heterogeneous and Federated DBMS;
- Data mining, knowledge discovery, information extraction, and machine learning;
- Data visualization;
- Data warehousing;
- Distributed and parallel databases;
- Grid, peer-to-peer databases and Cloud Computing;
- Incompleteness, inconsistency, and uncertainty in databases;
- Keyword-based access to structured data;
- Ontology-based data management;
- Privacy, security and trust management;
- Query processing and optimization, approximate query answering;
- Real-time, embedded, sensor, and mobile databases;
- Scientific and Statistical Databases;
- Semantic-Web data;
- Social networks and Graph databases;
- Transaction and workflow management, interoperability and Web services
***** SUBMISSIONS TYPES AND GUIDELINES *****
SEBD 2019 invites submissions of research, industry and application contributions as well as software demonstrations. Regular papers presenting original work are solicited. Moreover, discussion papers containing descriptions of results already published are also welcomed.
There are two submission formats:
- Regular papers (up to 12 pages): original research works in the above areas;
- Discussion papers (up to 8 pages): results and ideas of interest to the SEBD audience,including extended abstract of recent own publications, position papers, system and application descriptions, and presentations of preliminary results.
Papers must be written in English. Selection will be based on originality, clarity, and technical quality.
SEBD 2019 submissions must be in electronic form in PDF format. Papers must be formatted in LaTex using the Lecture Notes in Computer Science style, and must be submitted electronically via the EasyChair submission system, available https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=sebd2019.
All accepted works will be included in the proceedings, with Discussion Papers clearly marked as such. Proceedings will be published on WS-CEUR.org and indexed in Scopus.
After acceptance, authors are required to re-submit the final PDF. No different format is allowed. All accepted papers are expected to be presented at the conference and at least one author is required to register to the conference.
***** PHD SESSION *****
SEBD 2019 will host a session completely devoted to the next generation of researchers: Ph.D. students. They will be asked to submit a 4 pages paper describing their research which will be presented and discussed during an oral session. There the students will get feedback and suggestions from senior researchers of the SEBD community and have the chance to start new collaborations.
***** ORGANIZATION *****
Fausto Rabitti, ISTI-CNR, Pisa
Sergio Greco, Università della Calabria, Cosenza
Program Committee Co-Chairs:
Giuseppe Amato, ISTI-CNR, Pisa
Massimo Mecella, Sapienza Università di Roma
PhD Session Chair:
Fabrizio Falchi, ISTI-CNR, Pisa
Web and Publicity Chair:
Franca Debole, ISTI-CNR, Pisa
Claudio Gennaro, ISTI-CNR, Pisa
Local Organization Chair:
Catherine Bosio, ISTI-CNR, Pisa