IEEE CIBCB 2019 : 16th IEEE International Conference on Computational Intelligence in Bioinformatics and Computational Biology
Call For Papers
IEEE CIBCB 2019 - Call for Papers
Certosa di Pontignano (Siena), Tuscany (Italy) | July 9th-11th.
IEEE Conference on Computational Intelligence in Bioinformatics and Computational Biology has become a major technical event in the field of Computational Intelligence and its application to problems in biology, bioinformatics, computational biology, chemical informatics, bioengineering and related fields. It provides a global forum for academic and industrial scientists to discuss and present their latest research findings from theory to applications.
- Pierre Baldi University of California, Irvine, USA (TBC)
- Riccardo Bellazzi University of Pavia, Italy
- Thomas Keane EMBL-EBI, Cambridge, UK
Prospective authors are invited to submit papers of 2 to 4 pages (short papers) or of 5 to 8 pages (complete papers) including results, figures and references, or poster abstracts. At maximum, two additional pages are permitted with over-length page charge of US$100/page, to be paid during author registration. Papers must be in PDF and written in English. Detailed instructions and templates for preparing your manuscript can be found here: https://www.ieee.org/conferences/publishing/templates.html.
The deadline for paper submission is by March 1, 2019. Each paper will be peer-reviewed. All papers must be original and not simultaneously submitted to another journal or conference. Accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings and will be indexed in IEEE Xplore®. Submission implies the willingness of at least one of the authors to register (https://cibcb2019.icas.xyz/registration/) and present the paper at the conference. All papers should be submitted via the EasyChair online submission system. IEEE reserves the right to exclude a paper from distribution after the conference, including IEEE Xplore® Digital Library, if the paper is not presented by the author at the conference.
After the conference, prospective authors are invited to submit manuscripts to a Special Issue in "Deep Learning for Genomics/Bioinformatics" to be published in IEEE/ACM Transactions on Computational Biology and Bioinformatics or to submit for a Special Issue on IEEE Journal of Biomedical and Health Informatics.
The Special Issue is open to anyone, i.e. having an accepted paper at CIBCB 2019 is not a requirement. Papers accepted at CIBCB 2019 need to be extended significantly before being submitted to the Special Issue.
- Paper submission deadline: March 1, 2019
- Final (revised) paper submission deadline: May 31, 2019
- Abstract submission deadline: May 31, 2019
We particularly encourage submissions in emerging topics of high importance for Bioinformatics and Computational Biology.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
CI in Bioinformatics:
- Single cell and bulk transcriptomics
- Machine learning and artificial intelligence in bioinformatics
- Regulatory networks reconstruction/robustness/evolvability
- MicroRNA analysis
- Molecular sequence alignment and analysis
- Pattern recognition/data mining/optimization methods in Bioinformatics
- Visualization of large biological data sets
CI in Computational Biology:
- Metabolic pathway analysis
- Modelling, simulation, and optimization of biological systems
- Biological network
- Structure prediction and folding
CI in Biomedical Engineering, Bioprocessing and Healthcare Informatics:
- Biomedical data modelling/data mining/model parametrization
- Biomarker discovery and development
- Personalized medicine and treatment optimization
- Big data analysis and tools for biological and medical data
- Health data acquisition/analysis/mining
- Healthcare information systems/knowledge representation/reasoning
- Parallel/high performance computing
- Medical imaging and pattern recognition
- Biopharmaceutical manufacturing
- Closed-loop optimization methods/platforms
Participants will be accommodated in the Certosa di Pontignano, which is also the venue of the Conference, where rooms and apartments are available. Rooms will be assigned as availability permits: the most charming rooms tend to be booked fast and it is recommended that prospective participants enroll early to help ensure the best accommodation (https://cibcb2019.icas.xyz/accommodation/).
Any questions regarding the submission process can be sent to conference organizers: firstname.lastname@example.org