WC 2010 : The IASTED International Conference on Wireless Communications
Call For Papers
CALL FOR PAPERS
The IASTED International Conference on
July 15 – 17, 2010
Banff, Alberta, Canada
The International Association of Science and Technology for Development (IASTED)
* Technical Committee on Telecommunications
BEST PAPER AWARD
The International Program Committee will nominate papers based on originality and scientific contribution for the Best Paper Award.
Prof. Victor C. M. Leung
University of British Columbia, Canada
Conference Chair Portrait
The IASTED International Conference on Wireless Communications (WC 2010) will be a major forum for scientists, engineers, and practitioners throughout the world to present their latest research, results, ideas, developments, and applications in all areas of telecommunication systems, with emphasis on wireless communications. Its aim is to strengthen relations between the telecommunication industry, research laboratories, and universities. All papers submitted to this conference will be double blind reviewed by at least two reviewers. Acceptance will be based primarily on originality and contribution.
WC 2010 will be held in conjunction with the IASTED International Conferences on:
* Modelling and Simulation (MS 2010)
* Control and Applications (CA 2010)
* Environmental Management and Engineering (EME 2010)
* Solar Energy (SOE 2010)
Nestled in the heart of the Canadian Rockies and spanning 6,641 square kilometres of valleys, mountains, glaciers, forests, meadows, and rivers, Banff National Park is truly one of the world's premier destination spots. Banff was Canada's first national park and is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Summer in Banff means time to put away the skis and bring out the hiking boots. Banff National Park is a hiking wonderland, containing over 1,600 kilometres of trails. Even in July, the warmest month, the Rockies will fill you with awe as you fish, golf, camp, horseback ride, go whitewater rafting, or take a helicopter ride. Visitors can tour historic sites, soak in hot springs, stroll along the shores of Lake Louise, and enjoy many first class accommodations. Drive the Icefields Parkway into adjoining Jasper National Park and you have an excellent chance of seeing elk, deer, moose, and black bears along the roadside. Take a ride on the Banff gondola or spend just one night camping under the diamond-lit sky and you will be convinced that this is the most beautiful place on earth.
The topics of interest to be covered by WC 2010 include, but are not limited to:
* Consumer-Centric Wireless Network Architecture, Protocols and Systems
* Modelling and Simulation
* Network Management and Services
* Network Security
* Performance Evaluation
* Wireless Communications Hardware
* Wireless Communications Protocols and Standards
* Wireless Communications Software
* Wireless Communications Theory and Techniques
* Wireless Network Architecture
* Wireless Security and Components
* Wireless Technologies
INTERNATIONAL PROGRAM COMMITTEE
* R. Akl – University of North Texas, USA
* K. Al Agha – University Paris XI, France
* H. Ali – University of Nebraska at Omaha, USA
* S. Arnon – Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Israel
* M. Banat – Jordan University of Science and Technology, Jordan
* F. Barcelo – Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya, Spain
* U. Biader Ceipidor – University of Rome "La Sapienza", Italy
* M. Biagi – Sapienza, University of Rome, Italy
* S. Chandran – MIMOS, Malaysia, Malaysia
* Y. S. Chen – National Taipei University, Taiwan
* Z. N. Chen – Institute for Infocomm Research, Singapore
* A. Dadej – University of South Australia, Australia
* C. Dou – National Yunlin University of Science and Technology, Taiwan
* M. El Tarhuni – American University of Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
* G. Ferrari – University of Parma, Italy
* B. Forssell – Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Norway
* I. Ganchev – University of Limerick, Ireland
* M. Ghavami – University of London, United Kingdom
* T. A. Gulliver – University of Victoria, Canada
* Z. J. Haas – Cornell University, USA
* D. Haccoun – École Polytechnique de Montréal, Canada
* A. Hafid – University of Montreal, Canada
* H. F. Hsiao – National Chiao-Tung University, Taiwan
* W. S. Hsieh – Shu Te University, Taiwan
* X. Huang – Communications Research Centre Canada, Canada
* D. J. Thuente – North Carolina State University, USA
* R. H. Jan – National Chiao Tung University, Taiwan
* A. Jayasuriya – University of South Australia, Australia
* S. Jimaa – Khalifa University, United Arab Emirates
* M. Kampmann – Ericsson Research, Germany
* G. K. Karagiannidis – Aristotole University of Thessaloniki, Greece
* S. Kiaei – Connection One Research Center, USA
* R. Kinicki – WPI, USA
* C. N. Lee – National Sun Yat-Sen University, Taiwan
* C. W. Lee – University of Illinois, Springfield, USA
* J. H. Lee – National Taiwan University, Taiwan
* Y. H. Lee – Seoul National University, Korea
* P. Leppänen – University of Oulu, Finland
* M. Li – California State University, Fresno, USA
* H. P. Ma – National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan
* M. M. Matalgah – The University of Mississippi, USA
* S. Mishra – University of Colorado, USA
* M. Naraghi-Pour – Louisiana State University, USA
* H. Nikookar – Delft University of Technology, Netherlands
* M. O'Droma – University of Limerick, Ireland
* E. Pagani – University of Milan, Italy
* K. Pahlavan – Worcester Polytechnic Institute, USA
* A. C. Pang – National Taiwan University, Taiwan
* R. Prasad – Aalborg University, Denmark
* S. Safavi-Naeini – University of Waterloo, Canada
* A. M. Safwat – Queen's University, Canada
* W. G. Scanlon – Queen's University, United Kingdom
* L. Schwoerer – University of Applied Sciences Bochum, Germany
* R. K. Shevgaonkar – India Institute of Technology, Bombay, India
* J. Snyders – Tel Aviv University, Israel
* M. St-Hilaire – Carleton University, Canada
* W. Su – US Army Communications Electronics RD&E Center, USA
* Y. Sun – University of Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
* A. Tahat – PSUT, Jordan
* S. Tjuatja – University of Texas at Arlington, USA
* M. Uysal – University of Waterloo, Canada
* R. Wolff – Montana State University, USA
* B. E. Wolfinger – University of Hamburg, Germany
* W. K. Wong – City Univ of Hong Kong, PR China
* J. Wozniak – Gdansk University of Technology, Poland
* A. F. Zain – Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia, Malaysia
* J. Zhang – Australian National University, Australia
* Z. Zhu – Communications Research Centre Canada, Canada
Submit your paper via our website at: www.iasted.org/conferences/submit-698.html. All submissions should be in Adobe Acrobat (.PDF) format.
The IASTED Secretariat must receive your paper by February 15, 2010. Receipt of paper submission will be confirmed by email.
Initial Paper Requirements
All papers submitted to IASTED conferences must be previously unpublished and may not be considered for publication elsewhere at any time during IASTED's review period. Authors are limited to a maximum of three paper submissions.
Initial paper submissions should be full papers. Papers of up to 8 pages in length are included in the conference registration fee. An extra charge will apply for every additional page for papers longer than 8 pages. Authors are responsible for having their papers checked for style and grammar before submitting to IASTED. Papers may be rejected if the language is not satisfactory.
When submitting a paper, complete the online initial paper submission form, designating an author who will attend the conference, and provide four key words to indicate the subject area of your paper. At least one of the key words must be taken from the list of topics provided under Scope, above.
Formatting instructions for initial papers are available at www.iasted.org/formatting-initial-page.html.
All papers submitted to this conference will be double-blind peer reviewed by at least two members of the International Program Committee and related technical committees. Acceptance will be based primarily on originality, significance, technical soundness, presentation, and references. The conference chair makes the final decision on the acceptance or rejection of the paper.
Acceptance and Registration
Notification of acceptance will be sent via email by April 1, 2010. Final manuscripts are due by May 13, 2010. Registration and final payment are due by May 20, 2010. Late registration fees or paper submissions will result in the papers being excluded from the conference proceedings.
Only one paper of up to eight pages is included in the regular registration fee. There will be an added charge for extra pages and additional papers.
Final Paper Requirements
Email your final manuscripts to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line for the final manuscript submission must include your six-digit paper number.
The formatting instructions can be found at: www.iasted.org/formatting-final-page.html and must be strictly followed. The page limit for final papers is eight single-spaced pages in 10 point Times New Roman font.
Proposals for three-hour tutorials must be submitted online by February 15, 2010. Submit tutorial proposals via the following web site address:
A tutorial proposal should clearly indicate:
* The topic.
* Background knowledge expected of the participants.
* Time allocations for the major course topics.
* The qualifications of the instructor(s).
Special session proposals must be emailed to email@example.com by February 15, 2010. Proposals should include a session title, a list of the topics covered, and the qualifications and brief biography of the session organizer(s).
Papers submitted to the special session must be received by February 15, 2010, unless otherwise stipulated by the Special Session Organizer. A minimum of five papers must be registered and fully paid in order for this session to be included in the conference program.
More information on special sessions is available at www.iasted.org/conferences/specialsession-698.html.
Expanded and enhanced versions of papers published in the conference proceedings can also be considered for inclusion in one of the IASTED journals. Information on the submission of papers to journals is available at: www.actapress.com/SubmissionInfo.aspx.
Whole proceedings as well as single papers can now be purchased online. Please visit ACTA Press: www.actapress.com.
The proceedings will be sent for indexing in the following:
* Cambridge Scientific Abstracts
* Conference Proceedings Citation Index
* EI Compendex
* FIZ Karlsruhe
Submissions Due February 15, 2010
Notification of Acceptance April 1, 2010
Final Manuscripts Due May 13, 2010
Registration Deadline May 20, 2010
For more information, or to be placed on our mailing list, please contact:
IASTED Secretariat – WC 2010
B6, Suite 101, Dieppe Avenue SW
Calgary, AB, Canada T3E 7J9
Tel: +1 403-288-1195
Fax: +1 403-247-6851
Web site: www.iasted.org