CPSComECSS 2019 : 12th IEEE International Conference on Cyber, Physical and Social Computing, special session of Edge Computing and Storage Systems
Call For Papers
The emerging concept edge computing and storage system, allows data produced by IoT devices to be stored and processed close to where it is created, such as base station, instead of sending it to the clouds. Edge computing and storage systems are promised to replace traditional cloud, especially for the IoT devices with poor-connectivity and the applications featured by latency sensitivity and high-resilience. Typical examples of edge computing and storage systems across many industries, including healthcare, telecommunications, manufacturing, and transportation systems.
The features of IoT devices and applications on the edge pose new challenges for data processing and storage systems in multiple aspects, such as the ability to process variant data streams in real time, the ability to recover from constant power failure, the ability to ensure reliability of data processing, the ability to guarantee sustainability, scalability, and etc. These challenges require innovative designs of edge computing and storage systems. The purpose of this special session is to provide a forum for practitioners and researchers from diverse backgrounds to present and discuss their state-of-the-art ideas, research achievements, implementation experiences in edge computing and storage systems.
We encourage the submission of papers with new theory, analysis, methods and applications. This is a special session of the 12th IEEE International Conference on Cyber, Physical and Social Computing (http://cse.stfx.ca/~cybermatics/2019/cpscom/index.php). Please submit your paper via the submission site http://edas.info/N25496 and select the special session of “Edge Computing and Storage Systems” marked with “CPSComECSS”.
Accepted conference papers will be published by IEEE (IEEE-DL and EI indexed). Selected papers, after further extensions and revisions, will be recommended to journal special issues. More details at the conference website: http://cse.stfx.ca/~cybermatics/2019/cpscom/index.php
The topics of interests for this special issue include, but are not limited to:
* Edge computing and edge storage architecture
* Real-time data processing and storage
* Fault models and fault tolerances in edge computing and storage system
* Energy efficiency issues in edge computing and storage
* Security and privacy issues in edge computing and storage
* Availability and reliability in edge computing and storage
* Intelligence in edge computing and storage
* Design methodologies, benchmarks, measurement, and tools for edge computing and storage
* Applications of edge computing and storage systems (including internet of vehicles, communication, manufacturing, smart civil infrastructures, and healthcare)
* Data profile of edge computing and storage systems
Xianzhang Chen, Chongqing University, email@example.com
Chun Jason Xue, City University of Hong Kong, firstname.lastname@example.org
* Paper Submission Due: Feb 01, 2019
* Acceptance Notification Due: Apr 01, 2019
* Final Manuscript Due: Jun 01, 2019