SI:EMS 2018 : Special Issue on Embedded Multicore Systems in Journal of Systems Architecture
Call For Papers
Embedded multi-core systems areincreasingly prevalent in almost all application domains that require CPUs, including, but not limited to,signal processing, machine learning, multimedia, and control systems.They also bring significant research challenges on multiple fronts, including architecture, compilers, programming models, software tools, and applications. The International Workshop on Embedded Multicore systems, in conjunction with the International Conference on Parallel Processing (ICPP-EMS), has been held annually since 2011. This Special Issue will consider peer-reviewed journal versions of best papers from ICPP-EMS, as well as other papers received from the open call.
Topics of interest are in all areas of (or related to) embedded multi-core systems, including, but not limited to:
- Memory Architectures for embedded multicore systems
- Design for emerging embedded memory systems
- Compilers for DSP processors
- Embedded multicore processors
- Compilers for heterogeneous embedded multicore systems
- Compiler Optimizations with SPIR-V
- Programming models for embedded multicore systems
- Signal processing on embedded multicore systems
- Multimedia signal processing algorithms on embedded multicore systems
- Multimedia applications on embedded multicore systems
- Human-computer interaction on multicore systems
- Augmented reality applications on multicore systems
- Software for multicore, GPU, and embedded architectures
- VM for embedded systems3D IC and multicore architectures
- Real-time system designs for embedded multicore environments
- Compiler for low-power ESL designs for embedded multicore systems
- Applications for Automobile electronics of multicore designs
- Embedded OS designs and performance tuning tools
- Hardware/software co-design framework
- Embedded devices + cloud computing framework
- Compiler for worst-case execution time analysis
- Formal method for embedded systems
For extended versions of workshop papers, the workshop version must be cited and a list of changes should be included. All submissions will be peer-reviewed for originality, significance, technical soundness, practical contribution, and clarity of reporting. Before submission, authors should carefully read the journal’s Author Guidelines at http://www.journals.elsevier.com/journal-of-systems-architecture. Prospective authors should submit an electronic copy of their complete manuscript through the journal Manuscript Tracking System (https://www.evise.com/profile/api/navigate/JSA), under the “Submit Your Paper” link)according to the following timetable. Please select the “SI:EMS18” option as the type of the paper during the submission process.
Jenq Kuen Lee
Department of Computer Science, National Tsing-Hua University, Hsinchu, 30013 Taiwan.
Department of Computer Science and Information Engineering, National Chung Cheng University, Chaiyi, 621 Taiwan.