SI-VPMAV 2019 : Special Issue on Visual Perception for Micro Aerial Robots
Call For Papers
Special Issue on Visual Perception for Micro Aerial Robots in Journal of Intelligent and Robotic Systems.
1. Prof. G. Nikolakopoulos (LTU, Sweden)
2. Dr. P. Sopasakis (University of Cyprus)
3. Prof. A. Nüchter (Julius-Maximilians-University Würzburg)
We seek to attract high quality manuscripts on a series of topics related to vision and guidance, navigation and control (GNC) for unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) and especially aerial robots.
The purpose of this special issue is to address theoretical and application-oriented problems in the general area of visual perception for micro-aerial robots and to identify and provide key perception solutions that meet the real-time constraints posed by aerial vehicles, following recent advances in computer vision and robotics.
Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
1. Vision-based control and visual servoing
2. Visual navigation, mapping, and SLAM
3. Cooperative perception using multiple platforms
4. Vision-assisted floating-base manipulation
5. Deep Learning for visual perception
6. Object recognition, tracking, semantic and 3D vision techniques
7. Fusion of vision with other sensing systems, e.g., laser scanner
8. Advanced visual sensors and mechanisms (event-based, solid state sensors, LiDAR, RGB-D, time-of-flight cameras, etc.)
9. Aerial robot applications on key enabling perception technologies
10. Model predictive control for vision-based autonomous navigation
11. Reinforcement learning for visual perception.
Manuscripts should describe original and previously unpublished results which are not currently considered for publication in any other journal.
All manuscripts shall be submitted electronically, and will undergo a peer-review process.
For further details, please, consult the Journal website or contact Dr. Pantelis Sopasakis (Contact Info at https://alphaville.github.io).