FPODE 2018 : 1st International Workshop on FPGAs for Domain Experts (co-located with PACT)
Call For Papers
You are invited to submit an abstract for the 1st International Workshop on FPGAs for Domain Experts (FPODE-18), co-located with the 27th International Conference on Parallel Architectures and Compilation Techniques (PACT18). The workshop will be held at Limassol, Cyprus, on Sunday, November 04, 2018.
First ACM SIGARCH 1st International Workshop on FPGAs for Domain Experts
Sunday, November 4, 2018
[Co-located with The 27th International Conference on
Parallel Architectures and Compilation Techniques (PACT18)]
Workshop :: http://tytra.org.uk/fpode/
Abstract Submission :: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=fpode18
Parent Conference :: http://www.pactconf.org/index.php
Abstract submissions :: October 15th, 2018, AOE
Acceptance notification :: October 19th, 2018
Workshop date :: November 4th, 2018
This workshop aims to bring together researchers and practitioners that share the vision of enabling domain experts to benefit from the performance opportunities of FPGAs. FPGAs have recently gained a lot of attention through several demonstrations of superior performance over off-the-shelf architectures, not only with respect to energy efficiency but also with respect to wall-clock runtimes. The application areas reach across many domains from high-finance to advanced machine learning. Despite the availability of many tools for high-level synthesis, domain experts still seem to be far away from utilising FPGAs to gain processing performance unless pre-configured systems for their particular applications exist in readily available form. With this workshop, we are trying to bring together researchers that aim to break this barrier for a wider applicability of FPGAs.
We expect the workshop to broadly target three communities of researchers:
1. FPGA and reconfigurable computing researchers, who have an interest in investigating applications, tools and technologies that make FPGAs more accessible for domain-experts.
2. Compiler experts that are interested in tool chains for compiling domain specific languages to FPGA accelerated code.
3. Domain experts from various fields who are investigating the use of FPGAs for accelerating their applications.
Topics of Interest
The FPODE Workshop topics of interest include (but are not strictly limited to):
* Domain-Specific Languages that target FPGAs
* Tool-Chains for compiling DSLs to FPGAs
* FPGA Compilation of legacy codes
* Programming Productivity for FPGAs
* Targeting FPGAs in the Cloud
* Performance Portability between different FPGA platforms
* Just-in-time hardware synthesis
* Performance Portability between CPU, GPU, and FPGA-based systems
* Application studies
Format and Submission
Please submit a short abstract (maximum 1 page including references) using the ACM Master Article Template .
Submit a PDF copy of your abstract to the workshop’s Easychair submission site at https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=fpode18.
Abstracts will be selected by the organizers based on their quality, relevance, clarity and presentation. Submission implies the willingness of at least one of the authors to present at the workshop. At least one of the authors of each accepted abstract will have to register and attend the PACT-2018 conference and/or workshop, to present the work at the workshop.
Proceedings (Hindawi Special Issue)
There will be no official proceedings of the workshop, and the abstracts will be made available on-line on the workshop website unless the authors wish otherwise. Selected speakers will be invited to submit an extended paper for a special issue of International Journal of Reconfigurable Computing:
* Sven-Bodo Scholz, Department of Computer Science, Heriot-Watt University, UK
* Wim Vanderbauwhede, School of Computing Science, University of Glasgow, UK
* Gilberto Ochoa-Ruiz, Computer Science, Universidad Autónoma de Guadalajara, Mexico
* Syed Waqar Nabi, School of Computing Science, University of Glasgow, UK
Please find contact details of workshop organizers here: