WiNMee 2010 : The 6th International workshop on Wireless Network Measurements
Call For Papers
CALL FOR PAPERS
The 6th International workshop on
Wireless Network Measurements
May 31, 2010, Avignon, France
The rise in wireless technologies for both local and wide-area networking,
such as ZigBee, Wi-Fi, WiMAX, 3G and LTE, means that the Internet is
increasingly wireless. To better understand the nature of these changes,
it is important to evaluate these technologies in real-world environments
via empirical measurement. While analytical and simulation-based approaches
are useful, they are often limited by the simplistic modeling of the
wireless protocols and the varying and error-prone wireless channel.
As a response to these limitations, the need for experimental wireless
network measurements has gained wide recognition in the networking
This workshop continues the successful WiNMee series, begun at WiOpt in
2005, and is intended to bring together researchers in the field of
experimental wireless networking and serve as a forum for discussing
advances and challenges in experimental wireless network measurements.
We solicit 6-page papers that advance the understanding of wireless
networks through testbed measurements or field experiments.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- operational experience of the performance of wireless networks
- challenges with wireless measurements
- experimental (in) validation of simulation or mobility models
and assumptions in a wireless environment
- metrics that would be required in a wireless network for
performance evaluation or wireless network troubleshooting
- experience from building/designing wireless networks
- descriptions of tools for building and/or managing wireless
testbeds (e.g. wireless link emulation)
- large-scale or federated testbed measurements
- techniques for improving the repeatability of tests,
simplifying experiment setup and reconfiguration
- techniques for validating the results obtained in the wireless testbed
- techniques for measuring heterogenous wireless networks
- techniques for collecting, archiving, anonymising and sharing
wireless measurement data
- new measurement hardware platforms, e.g., cognitive radio
Paper registration deadline: February 17th, 2010
Paper submission deadline: February 24th, 2010
Notification of acceptance: April 1st, 2010
Camera-ready papers due: April 23rd, 2010
Workshop date: May 31st, 2010
To be announced shortly.
The proceedings will be available via IEEE Xplore.
Paper submissions will be handled electronically via EDAS.
Only PDF files are acceptable; please make sure that the paper
prints without problems (take care to embed all required fonts, etc.).
Papers must be no longer than 6 double-column pages, font size
not smaller than 11 points, using the standard IEEE format.
Henrik Lundgren, Thomson, France
Tristan Henderson, University of St Andrews, UK
Technical Program Committee:
To be announced shortly.