QoE-Management 2019 : 3rd International Workshop on Quality of Experience Management
Call For Papers
Call for Papers
3rd International Workshop on Quality of Experience Management (QoE-Management)
Paris, France, February 18, 2019
**** https://www.icin-conference.org/QOE.php ****
Technically sponsored by the **** IEEE Communications ****
in conjunction with the 22nd Conference on Innovation in Clouds, Internet and Networks (ICIN 2019)
Paper submission deadline: Nov. 22, 2018 (extended!!!)
Acceptance notification: Dec. 21, 2018
Camera ready papers: Jan. 10, 2019 (hard deadline!)
Workshop date: Feb. 18, 2019
Characterization and modeling of QoE
- Relationship between QoE and QoS in multimedia networking
- New objective & subjective methods and algorithms
- Use of crowdsourcing techniques
- Active learning and data-driven techniques
- Move towards personalized QoE QoE monitoring and measurement
- Big Data and analytics-driven QoE monitoring approaches
- Effects of Internet performance on QoE
- QoE monitoring approaches in the wild
- QoE monitoring challenges related to traffic encryption
- Challenges related to deployment and placement of monitoring probes QoE-aware network and application management
- Open source platforms for QoE management
- QoE management in heterogeneous networks
- Energy efficient QoE management
- Cooperative approaches towards QoE management
- Adaptive QoE management
- Self-organization techniques for the management of multimedia services
- QoE assurance loops
Quality management applied to different business sectors and use cases
- Smart city, transport, and automotive
- Healthcare and AAL
- Intelligent manufacturing, Industry 4.0 and tactile Internet
- Immersive Media (3D, AR and VR)
- Real-time, Web- and Cloud applications
- Business aspects of quality management
5G and QoE
- Network slicing for quality management
- Edge-computing for quality management
- QoE guarantees in 5G end-to-end network slices
QoE oriented coding
- Streaming aware video encoding
- QoE oriented coding for multimedia streaming
- Energy aware media coding and decoding
Experimental approaches for QoE management
- Subjective studies in commercial settings and controlled lab environments
- Experimental facilities for evaluation of algorithms and services in QoE management
Paper submissions must present original, research or experiences. Late-breaking advances and work-in-progress reports from ongoing research are also encouraged. Only original papers that have not been published or submitted for publication elsewhere can be submitted.
Each submission must be written in English, accompanied by a 75 to 200 word abstract and a list of up to 5 key words.
There is a length limitation of 6 A4 (210 mm x 297 mm) pages for full papers and 3 pages for short papers (including title, abstract, figures, tables, and references). Submissions must be in 2-column IEEE conference style with a minimum font size of 10 pt.
Papers exceeding these limits, multiple submissions, and self-plagiarized papers will be rejected without further review.
Authors should submit their papers electronically via the EDAS online submission system: http://edas.info/N25394.
Papers accepted for QoE-Management 2019 will be included in the conference proceedings and IEEE Xplore.
The IEEE reserves the right to remove any paper from IEEE Xplore if the paper is not presented at the workshop.
• Michael Seufert, AIT Austrian Institute of Technology, Austria
• Lea Skorin-Kapov, University of Zagreb, Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing, Croatia
• Luigi Atzori, University of Cagliari, Italy