AAAI-MAKE 2019 : AAAI 2019 Spring Symposium on Combining Machine Learning with Knowledge Engineering
Call For Papers
AAAI-MAKE 2019 brings together researchers and practitioners from various communities of machine learning and knowledge engineering working together on joint AI that is explainable, compliant and grounded in domain knowledge.
* Knowledge Representation and Reasoning
* Rule-based systems
* Semantic Web
* Machine Learning
* Deep Learning
* Neural Networks
* Knowledge Engineering and Management
* Causal Explainability
* Learning and Cause & Effect Relationships
* Learning Ontologies
* Using Knowledge to Guide Machine Learning
For more details, see the following webpage: https://aaai-make.info.
We solicit full papers, position papers, and poster abstracts on topics related to the above and can include recent or ongoing research, surveys, and business/use cases. Furthermore, proposals for (panel) discussions and demonstrations are very welcome too.
* Full papers (up to 12 pages) and position papers (3 to 5 pages) will be peer-reviewed.
* Posters can be proposed by submitting an extended abstract (1 to 2 pages).
* Discussion proposals (1 to 2 pages) should contain a description of the specific topic with a list of questions and a discussion moderator. For a panel discussion, a list of agreed panel-members should be mentioned.
* Demonstration proposals (1 to 2 pages) should have a focus on research and business related to the symposium excluding undesired product presentation and advertising.
Please submit through EasyChair (https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=sss19).
All submissions should reflect the AAAI formatting instructions and will be reviewed by the program committee. Accepted and camera-ready papers will be published on the established open access proceedings site CEUR-WS (pre-prints may be published on arXiv and Zenodo). Authors must grant a publication permission prior symposium and present the paper at the symposium to get it published.
* Extended submission due: 18th of November 2018
* Notification of authors: 7th of December 2018
* Registration: 8th of February 2019
* Camera-ready: 22nd of February 2019
* Symposium: 25-27 of March 2019
* Peter Clark, Allen Institute for Artificial Intelligence, Seattle, WA, USA.
* Aurona Gerber, University of Pretoria, South Africa.
* Knut Hinkelmann (co-chair), FHNW University of Applied Sciences and Arts Northwestern Switzerland.
* Doug Lenat, Cycorp Inc., Austin, TX, USA.
* Andreas Martin (co-chair and main contact), FHNW University of Applied Sciences and Arts Northwestern Switzerland.
* Frank van Harmelen, VU University, Amsterdam, Netherlands.
AAAI-MAKE 2019 is part of the Spring Symposium Series of the Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence (AAAI). For any inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.