ICGI 2018 : International Conference on Graphics and Interaction
Call For Papers
ICGI 2018 - International Conference on Graphics and Interaction 2018
November 15 and 16, 2018,
Faculty of Sciences, University of Lisbon, Lisbon, Portugal
In cooperation with Eurographics and IEEE
The ICGI 2018 - International Conference on Graphics and Interaction
2018 (former EPCGI - Portuguese Meeting on Computer Graphics and
Interaction) will take place between 15 and 16 November 2018 at the Faculty of Sciences of the University of Lisbon, in Portugal. It is a joint organization between the Large-Scale Informatics Systems Laboratory (LASIGE) and the Eurographics Portuguese Chapter with the support of the Faculty of Sciences of the University of Lisbon.
The ICGI’2018 aims to bring together researchers, teachers and professionals in the areas of Computer Graphics, Image Processing, Computer Vision and Human-Computer Interaction, providing a forum for the dissemination of work carried out or ongoing and the exchange of scientific results, experiences, and new knowledge between the academic, industrial and end-user communities.
The Scientific Program will include presentations of long and short papers, invited plenary presentations and poster session.
Authors are invited to submit original manuscripts reporting scientific work, experiments or applications. Long papers should not exceed eight pages and short papers should not exceed four pages. The poster submission will consist of a manuscript, in the same format as the papers, with a maximum of 2 pages to be included in the proceedings. The official languages of the conference are English, Portuguese and Spanish.
Papers should be formatted according to the instructions available at:
and should not present any information that identifies its authors (double blind review). References to works by the same authors should be indicated as [BFRP].
The submissions can only be done electronically, in PDF format, through the conference submission system (https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=icgi-2018). Long papers written in Portuguese or Spanish should also include the title and abstract in English so that they can be submitted for archiving and indexing on the IEEE Xplore Digital Library platform
The accepted papers will appear in the ICGI 2018 digital proceedings (book with ISBN). Similar to the previous (EPCGI) editions, long papers will be submitted to IEEE Xplore Digital Library.
Authors of high quality papers will be selected and invited to submit extended and significantly revised versions of their papers to the following publications:
- Computers & Graphics
- International Journal of Creative Interfaces & Computer Graphics - IJCICG (http://www.igi-global.com/IJCICG)
Note: the selected papers may be subject to the proper review process of the respective publications and must be written in English.
During the event, prizes for best paper and best paper of young researcher will be awarded.
It is therefore with great pleasure that we invite you to submit contributions to the ICGI 2018 and attend the event, taking place at Faculty of Sciences of the University of Lisbon, Lisbon, Portugal, on November 15-16, 2018
* Important dates:
- Paper submission: July 12, 2018
- Posters submission: October 8, 2018
- Authors’ notification: October 1, 2018
- Authors’ notification (posters): October 15, 2018
- Camera-ready version (papers and posters): October 18, 2018
- Conference dates: November 15-16, 2018
Submitted manuscripts should address original research in all areas related to Computer Graphics and Interaction, including, but not limited
- Adaptive and Intelligent Interfaces
- Animation and Simulation
- Autonomous and Intelligent Agents in Virtual Environments
- CG Modelling
- Cognitive Psychology
- Collaborative Work
- Computer Animation
- Computer Games
- Computer Graphics Algorithms
- Computer Graphics and Interaction in Education
- Computer Vision and 3D Reconstruction
- Creativity and Digital Art
- Image Processing and Analysis
- Interaction Evaluation
- Multimedia and Hypermedia
- Multimodal and Multisensory Interfaces
- Presence, Engagement and Immersion
- Scientific and Information Visualisation
- Simulation and Animation
- Social and Organisational Aspects
- Tangible Interfaces
- Ubiquitous and Mobile Computing
- Usability and UX
- User Centered Design
- Virtual, Mixed and Augmented Reality
* Organizing Committee Chairs
- Manuel João Fonseca, Faculdade de Ciências, Universidade de Lisboa
- Tiago Guerreiro, Faculdade de Ciências, Universidade de Lisboa
* Program Chairs
- Teresa Romão, Faculdade de Ciências e Tecnologia/Universidade NOVA de Lisboa (FCT/UNL)
- António Ramires, Escola de Engenharia, Universidade do Minho