Ontobras 2018 : Seminar on Ontology Research in Brazil
Call For Papers
============================== Welcome to ONTOBRAS 2018 ==============================
Ontology is a cross-disciplinary field concerned with the study of concepts and theories that support the building of shared conceptualizations of specific domains. In recent years, there has been a growing interest in the application of ontologies to solve modeling and classification problems in diverse areas such as Computer Science, Information Science, Philosophy, Artificial Intelligence, Linguistics, Knowledge Management and many others.
The Seminar on Ontology Research in Brazil (ONTOBRAS) foresees an opportunity and scientific environment in which researchers and practitioners from Information Sciences and Computer Science can exchange the theories, methodologies, languages, tools and experience related to the ontology development and application. ONTOBRAS is part of a tradition that dates back to 2005 in Brazil and it was defined by Brazilian Ontology Community as the unique highly scientifically qualified forum for presenting and discussing ontologies and their cases of application in Brazil.
Therefore, we provide a non-comprehensive list of areas and researchers communities from which we expect to receive submissions:
* Information Science, for instance working with ontologies, thesauri, knowledge management;
* Databases, for instance working with semantic data integration, linked open data;
* Artificial Intelligence, for instance working with knowledge based systems, agents, ontology reasoning;
* Software Engineering, for instance working with Conceptual Modeling, Business Process Models, Enterprise Modeling;
* Informatics in Education, for instance working with Educational Ontologies, Semantic Web-based Educational Standards;
* Logics and Formal Representation Systems applied to the representation of Ontologies;
Knowledge Representation and Reasoning with Ontologies;
Linguistics and philosophy, working with natural language processing using ontologies, theories of representation;
* Other applications of ontologies.
Researchers and practitioners are invited to submit theoretical, technical and practical research contributions that directly or indirectly address the issues above. Particularly welcome are e-science, life-sciences, e-business, e-government and cultural applications.
================================== Important Dates ====================================
- Main track submission deadline: June 18, 2018
- Acceptance notification: July 24, 2018
- Final version: August 13, 2018
Format for Submissions and Publication for the Main Track
We are interested in the various aspects of the field, from its philosophical and theoretical foundations to the new technologies and innovative applications.
Submissions (maximum 12 pages) should be written in PORTUGUES, SPANISH or ENGLISH. All submissions will undergo a review process from experts in the field. Based on the reviewers evaluations, a submission may be recommended for acceptance as a full paper (typically, well evaluated papers describing research with clear demonstrated results) or as a short paper (typically, well evaluated papers describing ongoing work).
Accepted full papers will be invited for oral presentation at the conference. Accepted short papers will be invited for short presentations at the conference, accompanied by a poster.
All submissions should be in the format Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF) and should follow the format of the Brazilian Computer Society (SBC).
Submissions should be done via Easychair.
The conference proceedings will be published in the online journal CEUR-WS.
Topics of Interest
Suggested areas of particular interest to the event include, but are not limited to:
* Ontology and Conceptual Modeling: Ontological Foundations for Conceptual Modeling and Metamodeling; Foundational and Upper-level ontologies; Semantic consistency; Ontology-based conceptual modeling tools and environments
* Ontologies and Knowledge Organization: Facets Theory; Concept Theory; Terminology; Folksonomies; Documentary languages. Thesaurus; Taxonomies; Metadata
Ontology Engineering: Methodology, languages and tools; Composition and modularity; Merging, mapping and alignment; Ontology language interoperability; Ontology Design Patterns and Anti-Patterns; Ontology Validation; Integration methods, problems and practice
* Semantic Web: Modeling; Information retrieval; Ontology Search; LOD applications
Ontology and Natural Language Processing: Linguistic ontologies applied to text processing; Computational Linguistics
* Ontology applications: Ontology for e-science, life-sciences, e-business and cultural applications; Knowledge management; Ontologies and semantic technologies in Education; Ontology-driven information systems design; Business modeling
* Ontology Visualization
##### Chairs #####
Jose M Parente De Oliveira (ITA), Joel Carbonera (IBM Research, Brazil) - Giancarlo Guizzardi (Free University of Bozen-Bolzano, Italy)
##### General Chair #####
José M Parente De Oliveira (ITA)
##### Program Committee Chairs #####
Joel Carbonera (IBM Research, Brazil), Giancarlo Guizzardi (Free University of Bozen-Bolzano, Italy)