Geoinformatica 2018 : Geoinformatica Special Issue on Analytics for Local Events and News
Call For Papers
Call For Papers: GeoInformatica Special Issue on Analytics for Local Events and News
● Amr Magdy, University of California, Riverside, firstname.lastname@example.org
● Xun Zhou, University of Iowa, email@example.com
● Daniel B. Neill, New York University firstname.lastname@example.org
Motivation and Topics:
The growth and diversity of the urban population have led to more frequent events of different types. Such events may create multiple and substantial impacts on public safety, traffic, health, and business. In addition, online forums and social media have emerged as a new generator and information source for events and news. Consequently, identifying, forecasting, and understanding events and news has emerged as an important topic. By nature, events and news have spatial and temporal extents, suggesting that they are localized social phenomena.
This special issue invites submissions of high-quality unpublished papers reporting original work related to the spatio-temporal analytics of events and news at local scale. Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
● Urban event detection and prediction on mobility and transportation data.
● Detecting local environmental events such as disasters and environmental changes.
● Online event monitoring and local trend analysis.
● Spatio-temporal correlation analysis of events/news.
● Location-based news detection and analysis.
● Social unrest prediction from social media.
● Event chain analysis and event graphs.
● Spatio-temporal event diffusion models.
● Fusion of multiple data sources to analyze local events.
All papers will undergo the same rigorous GEIN review process. Please refer to the GEIN website for detailed instructions on paper submission. The article type “Special Issue: Analytics for Local Events and News” should be chosen so the manuscript is considered for the issue.
● Full paper submission: August 15, 2018
● Initial review feedback: September 30, 2018
● Revision Due: October 31, 2018
● Final review decision: November 30, 2018