DS-RAIT 2018 : 5th Doctoral Symposium on Recent Advances in Information Technology
Call For Papers
The 5th international Doctoral Symposium on Recent Advances in Information Technology (DS-RAIT 2018) will be held as a satellite event of the Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems (FedCSIS 2018).
The aim of this meeting is to provide a platform for exchange of ideas between early-stage researchers, in Computer Science and Information Systems, PhD students in particular. Furthermore, the symposium will provide all participants an opportunity to get feedback on their studies from experienced members of the IT research community invited to chair all DS-RAIT thematic sessions. Therefore, submission of research proposals with limited preliminary results is strongly encouraged.
Besides receiving specific advice for their contributions all participants will be invited to attend plenary lectures on conducting high-quality research studies, excellence in scientific writing and issues related to intellectual property in IT research. Authors of the two most outstanding submissions will have a possibility to present their papers in a form of short plenary lecture.
DS-RAIT 2018 invites the submission of papers on all aspects of Information Technology including, but not limited to:
Automatic Control and Robotics
Cloud, GPU and Parallel Computing
Data Mining and Data Visualization
Database Management Systems
Image Processing and Computer Animation
Natural Language Processing
Paper Submission, Publication and Indexation
- Authors should submit draft papers (as Postscript, PDF or MSWord file).
- Paper should up to 6 pages in IEEE style (including tables, figures and references). IEEE style templates are available here.
- Papers will be refereed and accepted on the basis of their scientific merit and relevance to the workshop.
- Preprints containing accepted papers will be published on a USB memory stick provided to the FedCSIS participants.
- Only papers presented at the conference will published in Conference Proceedings and submitted for inclusion in the IEEE Xplore® database.
- Conference proceedings will be published in a volume with ISBN, ISSN and DOI numbers and posted at the conference WWW site.
- Conference proceedings will be indexed in BazEkon and submitted for indexation in: Thomson Reuters - Conference Proceedings Citation Index, SciVerse Scopus, Inspec, Index Copernicus, DBLP Computer Science Bibliography and Google Scholar
- Extended versions of selected papers presented during the conference will be published as Special Issue of Journal of Automation, Mobile Robotics & Intelligent Systems - international open-access journal indexed in SCOPUS.
Organizers reserve right to move accepted papers between FedCSIS events.
Paper submission (strict deadline): May 15 2018 23:59:59 pm HST
Position paper submission: June 12, 2018
Authors notification: June 24, 2018
Final paper submission and registration: July 03, 2018
Final deadline for discounted fee: August 01, 2018
Conference dates: September 9-12, 2018