BRACIS 2018 : 7th Brazilian Conference on Intelligent Systems
Call For Papers
7th Brazilian Conference on Intelligent Systems (BRACIS – https://bracis2018.mybluemix.net/)
São Paulo, SP, Brazil, October 22 -- 25, 2018
The Program Committee of the 7th Brazilian Conference on Intelligent System (BRACIS – https://bracis2018.mybluemix.net/) invites submissions of original research papers for the conference, to be held at IBM Research, in São Paulo, SP, Brazil, from October 22nd to 25th, 2018.
BRACIS is one of the most important events in Brazil for researchers in the field of Artificial and Computational Intelligence. The conference aims to promote theory and applications of Artificial and Computational Intelligence. BRACIS also aims for the promotion of international level research by exchanging scientific ideas among researchers, practitioners, scientists and engineers.
The yearly event series started in 2012 from the combination of the Brazilian Symposium on Artificial Intelligence – SBIA (21 editions) and the Brazilian Symposium on Neural Networks – SBRN (12 editions).
In 2018, BRACIS will be held in conjunction with:
- 5th Symposium on Knowledge Discovery, Mining, and Learning (KDMile)
- XV Encontro Nacional de Inteligência Artificial e Computacional (ENIAC)
- Concurso de Teses e Dissertações em Inteligência Artificial e Computacional (CTDIAC)
Paper submission - May 6th, 2018
Notification to authors - June 26th, 2018
Camera-ready copy due - July 14h, 2018
Authors of selected papers will be invited to submit extended versions of their work to be appreciated for publication in special issues after the conference.
*** Please, note that BRACIS submission is double-blind ***
Submissions should include significant and previously unpublished research on all aspects of Artificial Intelligence (AI) or Computational Intelligence (CI).
Submitted papers must be written in English, and not exceed 6 pages, including all tables, figures, references, and appendices.
Formatting instructions, as well as templates for Word and LaTeX, are available at https://www.ieee.org/conferences_events/conferences/publishing/templates.html
All submitted papers will be reviewed by at least two experts in the field and accepted papers will be included in the BRACIS proceedings, published by CPS (http://www.computer.org/portal/web/cscps/) and submitted to the IEEE Xplore Digital Library.
The review process will be double-blind (authors names and institutions must be omitted in the papers, as well as other form of information that could inform the authorship of the paper). Only PDF files can be uploaded in the submission system. Papers will be accepted for either oral or poster presentation. However, no distinction will be made between accepted papers in the conference proceedings.
JEMS - Journal and Event Management System
TOPICS OF INTEREST
Topics of interest include (but are not restricted to):
• Agent-based and Multi-Agent Systems
• Cognitive Modeling and Human Interaction
• Constraints and Search
• Foundations of AI
• Distributed AI
• Information Retrieval, Integration, and Extraction
• Knowledge Representation and Reasoning (including Commonsense Reasoning, Model-Based
Reasoning, Probabilistic Reasoning, Approximate Reasoning)
• Knowledge Representation and Reasoning in Ontologies and the Semantic Web
• Logic based Knowledge Representation and Reasoning
• Natural Language Processing
• Planning and Scheduling
• Evolutionary Computation and Metaheuristics
• Fuzzy Systems
• Neural Networks
• Deep Learning
• Machine Learning and Data Mining
• Molecular and Quantum Computing
• Pattern Recognition and Cluster Analysis
• Hybrid Systems
• Bioinformatics and Biomedical Engineering
• Combinatorial and Numerical Optimization
• Computer Vision
• Game Playing and Intelligent Interactive Entertainment
• Intelligent Robotics
• Multidisciplinary AI and CI
Ana Paula Appel, IBM Research - Brazil (email@example.com)
Paulo Cavalin, IBM Research - Brazil (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Anna Helena Reali Costa, Universidade de São Paulo (email@example.com)
Zhao Liang, Universidade de São Paulo (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Sociedade Brasileira de Computação (SBC)