DM 2010 : IADIS EUROPEAN CONFERENCE ON DATA MINING 2010
Call For Papers
Apologies for cross-postings. Please send to interested colleagues and students
-- CALL FOR PAPERS - Deadline for submissions (1st call extension): 24 May 2010 --
IADIS EUROPEAN CONFERENCE ON DATA MINING 2010
Freiburg, Germany, 28 – 30 July 2010
part of the IADIS Multi Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems (MCCSIS 2010)
Freiburg, Germany 26 – 31 July 2010
* Keynote Speaker (confirmed):
Professor Dominique Laurent, ETIS, Univ. Cergy Pontoise, France
* Conference background and goals
The European Conference on Data Mining (ECDM’10) is aimed to gather researchers and application developers from a wide range of data mining related areas such as statistics, computational intelligence, pattern recognition, databases and visualization. ECDM’10 is aimed to advance the state of the art in data mining field and its various real world applications.
ECDM’10will provide opportunities for technical collaboration among data mining and machine learning researchers around the globe.
* Format of the Conference
The conference will comprise of invited talks and oral presentations. The proceedings of the conference will be published in the form of a book and CD-ROM with ISBN, and will be available also in the
IADIS Digital Library (accessible on-line).
* Best Papers
Selected authors of best papers will be invited to submit extended versions of their papers to selected journals (i.e. IADIS International Journal on Computer Science and Information Systems - ISSN: 1646-3692) including journals from INDERSCIENCE Publishers and also in the following journals: IJCISIM (International Journal of Computer Information Systems and
Industrial Management Applications (ISSN: 2150-7988) and JIAS (Journal of Information Assurance and Security (JIAS) (ISSN:1554-1010).
* Types of submissions
Full and Short Papers, Reflection Papers, Posters/Demonstrations, Tutorials, Panels and Doctoral Consortium.
All submissions are subject to a blind refereeing process.
* Topics related to Data Mining are of interest. These include, but are not limited to the following areas:
- Core Data Mining Topics (Main area)
- Parallel and distributed data mining algorithms
- Data streams mining
- Graph mining
- Spatial data mining
- Text video, multimedia data mining
- Web mining
- Pre-processing techniques
- Security and information hiding in data mining
- Data Mining Applications (Main area)
- Image analysis
- Financial modeling
- Social Networks
* Important Dates:
- Submission Deadline (1st call extension): 24 May 2010
- Notification to Authors (1st call extension): 14 June 2010
- Final Camera-Ready Submission and Early Registration (1st call extension): Until 30 June 2010
- Late Registration (1st call extension): After 30 June 2010
- Conference: Freiburg, Germany, 28 – 30 July 2010
* Conference Location
The conference will be held in Freiburg, Germany.
IADIS Secretariat - IADIS EUROPEAN CONFERENCE ON DATA MINING 2010
Rua Sao Sebastiao da Pedreira, 100, 3
1050-209 Lisbon, Portugal
Web site: http://www.datamining-conf.org/
* Program Committee
European Conference on Data Mining 2010 Program Chair
Ajith P. Abraham, School of Computer Science, Chung-Ang University, South Korea
General MCCSIS 2010 Conference Co-Chairs:
Piet Kommers, University of Twente, The Netherlands
Pedro Isaías, Universidade Aberta (Portuguese Open University), Portugal
Dirk Ifenthaler, Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg, Germany
Nian-Shing Chen, National Sun Yat-sen University, Taiwan
Committee Members: *
* for committee list please refer to http://www.datamining-conf.org/committees.asp