BMVC 2018 : British Machine Vision Conference
Conference Series : British Machine Vision Conference
Call For Papers
BMVC2018 Call for papers
29th British Machine Vision Conference
3-6 September 2018, Newcastle, UK
The British Machine Vision Conference (BMVC) is one of the major international conferences on computer vision and related areas. It is organised by the British Machine Vision Association (BMVA). The 29th BMVC will be held at Northumbria University, 3rd-6th September 2018. The university is located in Newcastle upon Tyne — one of the most iconic cities in the North of England.
BMVC2018 is a high quality single-track conference, comprising oral presentations and poster sessions (with typical oral acceptance rate (10%). The conference features keynote presentations and a tutorial, and associated workshops on the last day of the conference, including a PhD student workshop.
Authors are invited to submit full-length high-quality papers in image processing and machine vision. Papers covering theory and/or application areas of computer vision are invited for submission. Submitted papers will be refereed on their originality, presentation, empirical results, and quality of evaluation. All papers will be reviewed *doubly blind*, normally by three members of our international programme committee.
Topics include, but are not limited to:
• Statistics and machine learning for vision
• Stereo, calibration, geometric modelling and processing
• Face and gesture recognition
• Early and biologically inspired vision
• Motion, flow and tracking
• Segmentation and grouping
• Model-based vision
• Image processing techniques and methods
• Texture, shape and colour
• Video analysis
• Document processing and recognition
• Vision for quality assurance, medical diagnosis, etc.
• Vision for visualization, interaction, and graphics
• Object detection and recognition
• Video analysis for action and event recognition
• Illumination and reflectance
• Deep learning for vision
• 3D computer vision
• RGBD analysis
Accepted papers will be included the conference proceedings published and DOI indexed by BMVA.
Submission instructions, paper templates and other details are available on the conference website:
Paper submission is via CMT at:
Submission deadline: 30th April 2018
Author notification: 2nd July 2018
Main conference: 3rd-6th September 2018