NLPTADAP 2010 : 1st Workshop on Natural Language Processing Tools Applied to Discourse Analysis in Psychology
Call For Papers
1st Workshop on Natural Language Processing Tools Applied to Discourse Analysis in Psychology
Instituto de Altos Estudios en Psicologia y Ciencias Sociales
Buenos Aires, Argentina
May 10th - 14th, 2010
Call for Abstracts for a special session on NLP for the Social Sciences
In recent years, the field of natural language processing (NLP) has
experienced a renewed interest in the analysis of non "factual"
discourse, which is characterised by the presence of affective
language, sentiments, opinions, feelings, believes, and manifestations
of emotional states, and which is charged with subjectivity. There are
not only interesting theoretical issues which deserve scientific study
such as what makes a discourse subjective, or how to discriminate
between emotional states in text or speech, but also practical
applications (e.g., dialogue systems, question answering,
summarization, extraction) may benefit from those studies. Thus, we
are calling for contributions which will bring together the areas of
Natural Language Processing and the Social Sciences.
* Natural Language Processing in Psychology
* Electronic Language Resources for the Social Sciences (e.g., dictionaries, lexicons, grammars)
* Natural Language Processing of non-factual Discourse
* Natural Language Processing in the analysis of Political Discourse
* Automatic Analysis of Emotional Discourse
* Automatic Detection of Sentiments and Opinions
* Other topics related to the study and application of NLP to psychology and
more generally the social sciences
Format of submission:
At this stage we are soliciting abstracts (in pdf) of between 1000-1500 words.
The abstract should include:
* Authors and affiliations
* Contact e-mail
* 1000-1500 words (about 4 pages) including text, figures, and tables
Language of the abstract: English or Spanish
Detailed submission instructions will be specified together with notifications
to the authors.
Workshop Dates: 10th May - 14th May 2010.
Tentative Submission date: 10th December 2009
Notification to the Authors (accept/reject letters): 26 February 2010
Camera Ready Copy: 26 March 2010
Where to submit your contribution:
Send your pdf abstract by e-mail to Dr. Horacio Saggion
(at http://www.dcs.shef.ac.uk/~saggion you will find the address where to send your contribution).
The subject of your e-mail should be "NLP4PSYCHO abstract".
You will receive acknowledgment of reception of your contributions within two days of submission.
Organizer: Horacio Saggion
Programme Committee (tentative)
* Laura Alonso i Alemani (Universidad Nacional de Cordoba, Argentina)
* Jose Alvarez (Universidad Austral, Argentina)
* John Atkinson (Universidad de Concepcion, Chile)
* Javier Couto (Universidad de la Republica, Uruguay)
* Ariadne Carvalho (UNICAMP, Brazil)
* Iria da Cunha (Universidad Pompeu Fabra, Spain)
* Gabriel Infante-Lopez (Uiversidad Nacional de Cordoba, Argentina)
* Gerardo Sierra MartÃnez (UNAM, Mexico)
* Paloma Moreda (Universidad de Alicante, Spain)
* Rogelio Nazar (Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Spain)
* Thiago Pardo (Universidade de Sao Paulo, Brazil)
* Rene Venegas (Pontificia Universidad CatÃ³lica de ValparaÃso, Chile)
* Aline Villavicencio (Universidade Federal de Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil)
* Dina Wonsever (Universidad de la Republica, Uruguay)
* Vera Lucia Strube de Lima (UPRGS, Brazil)
* Manuel Palomar (Universidad de Alicante, Spain)
* Jose Luis Vicedo (Universidad de Alicante, Spain)