LASSY 2018 : Third Workshop on Live Adaptation of Software SYstems
Call For Papers
*** Submission Deadline Extended ***
Developing current-day software systems is challenging. On the one hand, their development and usage environment must be considered carefully, to understand the adaptations those systems might need to undergo to interact with other systems and their environment. On the other hand, due to the portability, mobility and increasingly evolutionary nature of software systems, such adaptations must be enacted while the system is running. In the past, couple of years many seemingly different techniques to address this concern have been proposed in isolation.
The goal of LASSY is to confront the different programming approaches and paradigms to live software adaptations.
The Live Adaptation of Software SYstems (LASSY) workshop provides a space for discussion and collaboration between researchers working on the problem of enabling live adaptations to software systems, across the development stack. After two successful editions, the third edition of the LASSY workshop will be collocated with the (Programming) 2018 conference.
== Topics of Interest ==
Design and Implementation of Live Adaptive Software Systems
* Context-, aspect-, feature-, role- and agent-oriented programming
* Context representation and discovery
* Context-aware model-driven software development
* Context-aware data management
* Software variability and dynamic product lines
* Self-adaptive, self-explanatory systems
* Inconsistency management, verification, and validation
Middleware and Runtime of Live Adaptive Software Systems
* Dynamic software evolution, upgrades and configuration
* Dynamic software and service composition mechanisms
* Dynamic software architecture and middleware approaches
* Dynamic user interface adaptation and multimodal user interfaces
Impact and Assessment of Live Adaptive Software Systems
* User acceptance and usability issues
* Human, sociological, ethical and legal aspects
* Privacy and security aspects of dynamic adaptability
* Live adaptation in smart environments (e.g. smart rooms, smart robot cells, smart factories, smart cities)
* Self-adaptation and emergence in SoS and CPSoS
== Important Links ==
* Workshop website: https://2018.programming-conference.org/track/LASSY-2018-papers
* Submission page: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=lassy2018
* Conference website: https://2018.programming-conference.org
== Submission ==
Submitted papers must not exceed 6 pages and must conform to the ACM SIGPLAN Proceedings Format. Submissions must be provided via Easychair. More information can be found on the LASSY website.