ED-Media 2010 : World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia & Telecommunications
Call For Papers
* Please forward to a colleague *
World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia & Telecommunications
June 28-July 2, 2010 * Toronto, Canada
(The Westin Harbour Castle on Lake Ontario)
CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
** Submissions Due: Dec. 18, 2009 **
Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
Education & Information Technology Digital Library
** What are your colleagues saying about ED-MEDIA conferences? **
COLOR POSTER--ED-MEDIA 2010 CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
Available to Print & Distribute (PDF to print; 200kb)
)) CONTENTS & LINKS (details below) ((
1. Call for Papers and Submission & Presenter Guidelines, Deadline Dec. 18th:
2. Major Topics: http://aace.org/conf/edmedia/topics.htm
3. Presentation Categories: http://aace.org/conf/edmedia/categories.htm
4. Corporate Showcases & Demonstrations: http://aace.org/conf/edmedia/corporate.htm
5. Proceedings & Paper Awards: http://aace.org/pubs
6. For Budgeting Purposes: http://aace.org/conf/edmedia/rates.htm
7. Toronto, Canada http://aace.org/conf/Cities/Toronto
8. Deadlines: http://aace.org/conf/edmedia/deadlines.htm
ED-MEDIA 2010--World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia &
Telecommunications is an international conference, sponsored by the
Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). This
annual conference serves as a multi-disciplinary forum for the discussion
and exchange of information on the research, development, and applications
on all topics related to multimedia, hypermedia and
ED-MEDIA, the premiere international conference in the field, spans all
disciplines and levels of education and attracts more than 1,500 attendees
from over 60 countries. We invite you to attend ED-MEDIA and submit
proposals for presentations.
All presentation proposals are peer reviewed and selected by three reviewers on the
respected international Program Committee for inclusion in the
conference program, proceedings book, and CD-ROM proceedings.
For Call for Presentations, connect to:
All authors MUST follow the submission guidelines and complete the Web form at:
For Presentation and AV Guidelines, see:
* Keynote Speakers
* Invited Panels/Speakers
* Corporate Showcases & Demonstrations
The scope of the conference includes, but is not limited to, the following
major topics as they relate to the educational and developmental aspects of
multimedia/hypermedia and telecommunications:
1. Infrastructure: (in the large)
- Architectures for Educational Technology Systems
- Design of Distance Learning Systems
- Distributed Learning Environments
- Methodologies for system design
- Multimedia/Hypermedia Systems
- WWW-based course-support systems
2. Tools & Content-oriented Applications:
- Authoring tools
- Evaluation of impact
- Interactive Learning Environments
- Groupware tools
- Multimedia/Hypermedia Applications
- Research perspectives
- Virtual Reality
- WWW-based course sites
- WWW-based learning resources
- WWW-based tools
3. New Roles of the Instructor & Learner:
- Constructivist perspectives
- Cooperative/collaborative learning
- Implementation experiences
- Improving Classroom Teaching
- Instructor networking
- Instructor training and support
- Pedagogical Issues
- Teaching/Learning Strategies
4. Human-computer Interaction (HCI/CHI):
- Computer-Mediated Communication
- Design principles
- Usability/user studies
- User interface design
5. Cases & Projects:
- Country-Specific Developments
- Exemplary projects
- Institution-specific cases
- Virtual universities
6. Special Strand: ** Universal Web Accessibility **
The Technical Program includes a wide range of interesting and useful activities
designed to facilitate the exchange of ideas and information.
CORPORATE SHOWCASES & DEMONSTRATIONS:
Companies have the opportunity to demonstrate and discuss their educational
technology products and services in through Corporate Showcases and Demonstrations/Literature.
PROCEEDINGS & PAPER AWARDS:
Accepted papers will be published by AACE in the Proceedings Book and on CD-ROM.
Proceedings in this series serve as major resources in the multimedia/
hypermedia/telecommunications community, reflecting the current state of
the art in the discipline.
In addition, the Proceedings also are internationally distributed through and archived in the Education and Information Technology Digital Library, http://EdITLib.org Do You Subscribe?
Papers with high review scores will be invited for publication consideration by AACE's respected journals, especially for:
- Journal of Educational Multimedia and Hypermedia (JEMH),
- International Journal on E-Learning (IJEJ), or
- Journal of Interactive Learning Research (JILR).
All presented papers will be considered for Best Paper Awards within several categories.
Award winning papers may be invited for publication in the AACE journals.
FOR BUDGETING PURPOSES:
The conference registration fee for all presenters and participants will be
approximately $395 U.S. (AACE members), $450 U.S. (non-members).
Registration includes proceedings on CD, receptions, and all sessions
All conference sessions will be held at The Westin Harbour Castle on Lake Ontario ( http://aace.org/conf/edmedia/hotel.htm) located on the scenic Lake Ontario and in walking distance to the city's shopping, dining, and theatre districts. Special discount hotel have been obtained for ED-MEDIA participants!
Toronto is a city built with and for the limitless imaginations of the people who come here to live and those who come to visit. It’s a centre of rare openness, energy and style an intimate metropolis showcasing world-class dining, shopping, creativity, architecture and entertainment. Its skyline includes the CN Tower, one of the Modern Wonders of the World; miles of waterfront, boardwalks and trails; and distinct neighbourhoods with inspiring surprises from artisans’ exhibits to cool cafés around every corner.
For further Toronto Ontario Canada information see: http://www.torontotourism.com/.
Local Attractions with distances from The Westin: http://aace.org/conf/cities/toronto/toronto-attractions.htm
Submissions Due: December 18, 2009
Authors Notified: February 9, 2010
Proceedings File Due: May 3, 2010
Early Registration: May 3, 2010
Hotel Reservations: May 27, 2010
Conference: June 28-July 2, 2010
To be added to the mailing list for this conference, link
If you have a question about ED-MEDIA, please send an e-mail to
AACE Conference Services, firstname.lastname@example.org
AACE--Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education
P.O. Box 1545
Chesapeake, Virginia 23327 USA
Phone: 757-366-5606 * Fax: 703-997-8760
E-mail: email@example.com * http://www.AACE.org
To Unsubscribe from this listserv, send "unsubscribe eductech"
to firstname.lastname@example.org; to Subscribe, send "subscribe eductech
your_name" to the same address.