Intercloud 2017 : Sixth IEEE International Workshop on Cloud Computing Interclouds, Multiclouds, Federations, and Interoperability (Intercloud2017)
Call For Papers
Sixth IEEE International Workshop on
Cloud Computing Interclouds, Multiclouds, Federations, and Interoperability
In conjunction with the 17th IEEE/ACM CCGrid 2017 Conference on 14-17 May 2017 in Madrid, Spain
Paper submission deadline - 23 January 2017
Submission link https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=ccgrid2017
(select corresponding track Intercloud2017)
SCOPE AND OBJECTIVES
The workshop is a follow-up of the successful workshop in 2013-2015 (held in conjunction with the IC2E conference), where a number of enthusiasts of cloud computing ideas and presented results of research projects dealing with clouds and cloud based services infrastructure deployment.
Advances in processing, communication and systems/middleware technologies have led us to new paradigms and platforms for computing – in the form of Cloud Computing. That in its own turn creates a basis for the Big Data and data intensive technologies.
Cloud Computing is the go-to platform now for datacenter architecture, scalable application hosting, new application development, and mobile applications platform. Growing use of clouds as a platform for modern applications increases demand for cloud automation and consequently better definition of cloud interoperability standards. Security, dynamic trust establishment, SLA management, and other concerns are still active areas of research. This workshop focuses on techniques, experiences and lessons learned for interoperable services in Interclouds, Multiclouds, Federations, and Interoperability. This workshop aims at providing a forum to bring together researchers for sharing and exchanging Cloud computing related research, technologies, experience, and lessons for building Clouds with Intercloud, Multicloud, Federation, and Interoperability capabilities and services.
The Workshop will have one track: Intercloud2017.
Intercloud2017 topics include (but not limited to) the following:
* Theory, frameworks, methodologies, architecture for Interclouds, Multiclouds, Federations, and Interoperability
* Cloud Federation and Interoperability Protocols
* Trust, Security, Identity Management for Interclouds, Multiclouds, Federations, and Interoperability
* Virtual Private Cloud, VPN/IPsec, MPLS techniques for multi-clouds and inter-clouds
* Theory and experimental results of SDN used for cloud oriented network infrastructure, federations, and interoperability
* Mobile Roaming applications for for Interclouds, Multiclouds, Federations, and Interoperability
* Cloud and Grid Federation governance, practical experience and regulatory issues
* Traffic and load balancing across Federated and Interoperable Clouds
* Multilayer (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) services operation in Intercloud
* Interoperable cloud based infrastructures for Big Data applications
* Intercloud control and management infrastructure for automated
services deployment, management and monitoring
* Cloud Automation platforms and tools for Intercloud, multi-cloud environment
* Zero Touch Provisioning Operation and Management (ZTPOM) architecture and infrastructure components
* Security and Compliance for Cloud based Big Data infrastructures and services
* Testbeds for Interclouds, Multiclouds, Federations, and Interoperability
* Different Cloud Platforms tenancy models, such as Private/Hybrid
Clouds, Federations, Distributed / Mobile Clouds.
* Specialized and/or very heterogeneous Cloud-enabled infrastructures:
Federations, GPU/FPGA augmented Clouds and Edge resources
* Innovative techniques for service monitoring, modelling and
The workshop will consist of a number of sessions related to recent results of on-going and just-finished research projects will be demonstrated. The workshop will present also some future research considerations on the future of cloud computing and networking and expose views from different perspectives: research projects and industry.
The workshop will be followed by a panel discussion, to allow free exchange of thoughts and ideas between the workshop speakers and audience.
Call for papers:
Papers describing original research on both theoretical and practical aspects of dynamic network services for cloud computing are solicited.
Paper Submissions: January 23, 2017
Notification: January 31, 2017
Camera-ready: February 8, 2017 (to be defined by the main conference)
InterCloud2017 workshop (during CCGrid2017 Conference): 14-17 May 2017
Paper submission instructions
This workshop will only accept for review original papers that have not been previously published. Papers should be formatted based on the IEEE Transactions journals and conferences style; maximum allowed camera-ready paper length is six (6) pages. Submissions must be in Adobe PDF format, including text, figures and references.
Accepted papers will be published in the CCGrid2017 proceedings.
Paper submission website
(select corresponding track Intercloud2017)
All submitted paper will be reviewed by international program committee.
The Intercloud2017 workshop is organized by the partners of the CYCLONE, GEANT4, the EC-funded H2020 projects.
Yuri Demchenko, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
David Bernstein, Founder/Chief Architect, Cloud Strategy Partners, LLC