SAEOpt 2017 : Workshop on Surrogate-Assisted Evolutionary Optimisation (SAEOpt 2017)
Call For Papers
Workshop on Surrogate-Assisted Evolutionary Optimisation (SAEOpt 2017)
** Call for Papers **
In many real world optimisation problems evaluating the objective function(s) is computationally expensive. Surrogate-assisted optimisation attempts to alleviate this problem by employing computationally cheap 'surrogate' models to estimate the objective function(s) or the ranking relationships of the candidate solutions. Surrogate-assisted approaches have been widely used across the field of evolutionary optimisation, and successful applications include aerodynamic design optimisation, structural design optimisation, data-driven optimisation, chip design, drug design, robotics and many more.
Despite recent successes in using surrogate-assisted evolutionary optimisation, there remain many challenges. The Workshop on Surrogate-Assisted Evolutionary Optimisation (SAEOpt) to be held at GECCO 2017 in Berlin, Germany, aims to promote the research on surrogate-assisted evolutionary optimisation, particularly the synergies between evolutionary optimisation and machine learning. Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
* Advanced machine learning approaches for constructing surrogates
* Model management in surrogate-assisted optimisation
* Multi-level, multi-fidelity surrogates
* Complexity and efficiency of surrogate-assisted methods
* Surrogates-assisted evolutionary optimisation of computationally expensive problems
* Data-driven optimisation
* Model approximation in dynamic, robust and multi-modal optimisation
* Model approximation in multi- and many-objective optimisation
* Comparison of different modelling methods in surrogate construction
* Surrogate-assisted identification of the feasible region
* Comparison of evolutionary and non-evolutionary approaches with surrogate models
* Performance assessment and improvement techniques in surrogate-assisted evolutionary computation
We invite short papers of up to 8 pages presenting novel developments in one or more of these areas, or other areas relevant to surrogate-assisted evolutionary optimisation. We welcome position papers of up to 2 pages showcasing exciting exploratory and preliminary results.
We also welcome proposals for short demonstrations or presentations (5-10 minutes) on the following topics:
* Surrogate-assisted optimisation in real world
* Contemporary test problems in surrogate-assisted optimisation
* Other relevant accepted GECCO papers or recent journal papers
** Important Dates **
Submission deadline: 27 March, 2017.
Notification of acceptance: 10 April, 2017.
Camera ready submission: TBA.
Conference date: 15 - 19 July, 2017.
** Submission **
Accepted papers will be presented orally (20 minutes) at the workshop and distributed in the workshop proceedings to all conference attendees. Authors should follow the format of the GECCO manuscript style; further details are available in the following link.
Manuscripts should not exceed eight pages for regular submission and two pages for position papers. For proposals of short demonstrations or presentations (5-10 minutes), a half page abstract should be submitted. All submissions should be sent in PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that acceptance to workshop will be based on double-blind peer review of the submitted papers.
For more information, visit: http://www.saeopt.ex.ac.uk/