IoA 2017 : The Second International Workshop on the Internet of Agents (IoA)
Call For Papers
The Second International Workshop on the Internet of Agents (IoA)
- In conjunction with AAMAS Conference 2017
- São Paulo, Brazil: May 8, 2017
- [ CALL FOR PAPER ] :
Internet of Things (IoT) has recently gained much attention due to the overwhelming advantages it brings to our daily lives. The metaphor “Things" in an IoT does not only represent a variety of hardware, such as simple sensors, actuators or complex devices (e.g., vehicles, charging stations, heating control) it can also comprise pure software instances that might be service-oriented or data-driven. Thus, huge interoperable networks evolve producing large amounts of data and providing a tremendous quantity of services that are supposed to be handled in a distributed manner. An IoT offers the possibility to develop completely new cross-domain solutions but also comes with a lot of challenges for areas such as data aggregation, automated service selection or distributed planning.
On the confluence between IoT and Multi-Agent Systems (MAS), there is a strong ongoing trend for the IoT to adapt to the intelligent nature/architecture of the MAS that we termed as “Internet of Agents” (IoA). The IoA workshop emphasizes on the current range of nascent network centric agents that operate on IoT infrastructures. From a broader point of view, this includes agents’ efforts to form collaborative units as well as the techniques and methodologies for constructing online agents that represent interests of their actual counterparts (e.g., hardware devices or sensors) and take actions autonomously. This workshop will reflect the impacts of the dynamic network proliferation and start of smart agent systems that exploit and explore opportunities heralded by the fast social-pace of interconnectivity. From a narrow point of view, we aim to collect, to present, and to discuss (practical) applications and cognitive foundations surrounding agent-based approaches that successfully overcome well-known challenges of software that operates on IoT environments in order to identify promising scenarios that motivate a broader use of agent-technology for the development of IoT-software.
- [ WORKSHOP OBJECTIVES AND AREAS ] :
The workshop seeks to attract papers concerning:
- Presenting a formal or interdisciplinary architecture of IoA,
- Discussing an experiment or prototype for IoA,
- Providing a novel approach to IoA, or
- Mapping an existing approach to IoA.
This can be through a theoretical modeling, animation, simulation, or
by presenting existing (real-world) applications.
The topics of interest for the IoA workshop will comprise all technical issues that are related to IoT systems and can be solved via a (multi-)agent based approach. More concrete, these include but are not limited to:
- Agents-based interactive environments
- Architectures of cognitively reasoned things and interactions
- Cooperation and collaboration mechanisms
- Automated service discovery or selection
- Quality-of-Service (QoS) and service composition
- Computational models of distributed technologies
- IoT/M2M applications and services employing MAS
- Globalized networks and grid alliances
- Network-centric warfare, individualism or organizations
- IoA security including self-healing and self-protection
- IoA monitoring and control including self-configuration/-adaption/-optimization
Papers may address one or more of the listed topics, although authors should not feel limited by them. All topics and submission formats are open to both research and industry contributions.
- [ IMPORTANT DATES ] :
Submission DEADLINE: February 22, 2017 (Extended)
Notification of acceptance: March 10, 2017
- For submission instructions and more information, visit: http://ioa.alqithami.com/2017/