RiE 2018 : 9th International Conference on Robotics in Education
Call For Papers
The 9th International Conference on Robotics in Education (RiE) is aimed at the presentation and discussion of the latest results and methods in the fields of research and development in Educational Robotics. Researchers are brought together that work on new applications, the latest products, or systems and components for using robotics in schools, in universities and in informal education. The objective is to provide an insight into the state-of-the-art of Educational Robotics to participants from both academic and school education.
All accepted papers will be published by Springer as a special volume in the prestigious Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing Series. The proceedings will be available via the SpringerLink digital library. The volumes of this series are submitted for inclusion to the leading indexing services including ISI Proceedings, EI-Compendex, DBLP, SCOPUS, Google Scholar and Springerlink. For more Information about the book series and about indexing visit Springer website: http://www.springer.com/series/11156.
Papers related, but not limited, to the following topics of interest are welcome:
- Robotics in school
- Robotics curricula
- International trends in educational robotics
- Project-based learning and robotics
- Didactic approaches in educational robotics
- Exemplary robotics projects in classes
- Web-based robotics and simulation
- Assessment and evaluation of robotics–enhanced class activities
- Integration of robotics in school science/informatics/technology curricula
- Integration of robotics in other subjects and school curricula
- Evaluation criteria and tools for measuring the impact of robotics on students’ learning
- Constructivism/constructionism and robotics
- Teacher training in educational robotics
- Methodologies for teaching robotics
- Robotics competitions/contests and their educational impact
- Robotics through edutainment, museums, personal robots and their educational value
- Web-based robotics, simulation, remote educational robotics
- Humanoid robots in education
- Dextrous autonomous robots and humanoids
- Cognition, natural and automated – cognitics
The RiE 2018 will be accompanied by the European Conference on Educational Robotics, a well established international scientific conference for high school students. More details on the RiE 2018 and other accompanying events can be found on the website: www.rie2018.info.
We are looking forward to receiving your papers and to meeting you in Malta in April 2018!
Wilfried Lepuschitz, Richard Balogh, David Obdržálek
Conference Co-Chairs, RiE 2018
Gottfried Koppensteiner, Munir Merdan
Local Conference Organization