QEEMS 2017 : International Young Researcher Summit on Quality of Experience in Emerging Multimedia Services
Call For Papers
Do you have a fascinating research idea to share? We are happy to welcome you for the first International Young Researcher Summit on Quality of Experience in Emerging Multimedia Services (QEEMS 2017), to be held from May 29–30, 2017 in Erfurt, Germany. QEEMS will primarily be a venue for students and young researchers to present and discuss their exciting research ideas. QEEMS will happen just before the 9th International Conference on Quality of Multimedia Experience (QoMEX 2017).
Please visit our website: http://www.qomex2017.org/qeems/
We are interested in the following topics, but are open to others as well:
- QoE in Emerging Multimedia Services: Social TV, Immersive environments (VR/AR/MR) and 3D virtual worlds, Mobile gaming and streaming, Social networking, IPTV, ...
- QoE Monitoring, Management and Networking: Network simulation, QoE-centric network, service and application management, QoE-aware OTT–ISP collaboration, Net neutrality, Probing the user, QoE monitoring tools and techniques, QoE in software defined networks / network function virtualization, Traffic engineering / analysis, ...
- QoE Modeling: Mapping of QoS–QoE, Performance analysis of QoE metrics, User churn modeling, Display-specific QoE models, Gaming QoE models, ...
- QoE-aware Coding: Perceptual video coding, Content/Context aware coding, ...
- QoE Fundamentals and Testing: User behavior and engagement, Crowdsourcing, Ecologically valid QoE testing, ...
Are you a master or PhD student or a young researcher? Then we invite you to submit your contribution! The summit will be held in form of oral sessions and poster sessions, but it will be organized in a way to foster intense interactions and discussions. The best submissions will of course be awarded. And: QEEMS will be free to attend!
- Submission deadline: February 26, 2017
- Acceptance notification: April 18, 2017
- Author registration deadline: April 28, 2017
- Workshop dates: May 29–30, 2017
- General Chairs: Werner Robitza, Peter A. Kara, Samir Mahmalat
- Program Chairs: Peter A. Kara, Avsar Asan, Saman Zadtootaghaj
- Students Travel Grants Chairs: Arslan Ahmad, Elisavet Grigoriou
- Local Organization Chairs: Werner Robitza, Saman Zadtootaghaj
- Publicity Chair: Anne-Flore Perrin
- Keynote and Panel Chairs: Alcardo Alex Barakabitze, Nabajeet Barman, Subbareddy Darukumalli, Samir Mahmalat, Chenyan Zhang
We are open to any kind of presentation, but to get the discussion started, we would like you to submit your idea in form of a short position paper or work-in-progress paper of 2–4 pages length, or an exciting demo with a description of 1–2 pages. Your submission will be reviewed to determine suitability for the workshop. If accepted, your contribution will be uploaded to the website of the conference, but you will retain the full copyright over your submission. Note: It is also acceptable to submit ideas that are already under review in another conference.
QEEMS is organized and sponsored by the Marie Skłodowska-Curie ITN QoE-Net: http://www.qoenet-itn.eu/