DQS 2009 : International Workshop on Data Quality and Security
Call For Papers
International Workshop on Data Quality and Security (DQS - 2009)
November 6th, 2009 - Hong Kong
First Announcement and Call for Papers
In conjunction with the Conference on Information and Knowledge Management - CIKM 2009 (http://www.ischool.drexel.edu/cikm2009/about/index.asp)
Mario Piattini (Mario.Piattini@uclm.es)
Manuel Serrano (Manuel.Serrano@uclm.es)
Ismael Caballero (Ismael.Caballero@uclm.es)
University of Castilla-La Mancha
Workshop Background and Goals
Nowadays, Information technologies are becoming one of the most important aspects for organizations. The business value of the data stored in the company databases has been growing to become one of the most important assets of the company. These data represent one crucial asset for tactic, strategic and operational decisions. Due to this important role of the data, companies should assure the access to the data to several users guaranteeing the right levels of quality they need to accomplish the task they have to do.
Data Quality is a crucial issue in assessing the quality of business decisions support systems. Many aspects are related with the quality of the data, such as integrity, completeness, actuality and several other factors that make this kind of quality a multidimensional issue and a difficult issue.
Data Security is another crucial aspect on information systems, not only because it affects Data Quality, but also because current information systems store sensitive and private data that should be treated rightly.
Also, as Data Quality and Data Security are not independent concepts, the relationship between both concepts is worth to be analyzed in order to give organizations some tools that can help in assuring both data dimensions.
The workshop intends to provide a forum for researchers and practitioners working on approaches, methods, techniques, guidelines, and tools for auditing, measuring, predicting, evaluating, controlling, assuring and improving the quality and security of data.
We cordially invite researchers and practitioners to submit original research, survey or experience papers to DQS-2009
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to
- Standards and procedures for data quality and security
- Automatic support for data quality
- Data Quality and Security metrics
- Validation of data metrics
- Data Quality and Security supporting tools
- Assessment of data quality and security
- Relationships between data quality and data security
- Data cleansing
- Data quality and ETL process
- Legal Aspects
We are proud to announce that the keynote lecture will be given by Andy Koronios (http://www.unisanet.unisa.edu.au/staff/Homepage.asp?Name=andy.koronios).
Further details about the speech will be announced on the workshop website.
Submission of Papers
Prospective authors are invited to submit papers for oral presentation in any of the topics listed above. Submissions should be sent in English in PDF format via the submission website (http://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=dqs2009). Papers should adhere to ACM formatting guidelines (http://www.acm.org/sigs/publications/proceedings-templates). They must be original and have not been submitted for publication elsewhere. We encourage also submission of position papers outlining interesting research directions.
The accepted papers are going to appear in CIKM Workshops Proceedings published by ACM either as full (up to 8 pages) or short papers (up to 4 pages) depending on the review results. At least one author of each accepted submission should register by the end of the early registration period for the paper to be included in the proceedings.
Full paper submission: July 20th, 2009
Author notification: August 10th, 2009
Camera-ready: August 15th, 2009
Workshop Program Committee
- Abdelwahab Hamou-Lhadj, Concordia University, Canada
- Ang?lica Caro, University of Bio-Bio, Chile
- Coral Calero, University of Castilla ? La Mancha, Spain
- Eduardo Fernandez, Florida Atlantic University, USA
- Suzanne Embury, University of Manchester, UK
- Cinzia Cappiello, Politecnico di Milano, Italia
- Eduardo Fern?ndez-Medina, University of Castilla ? La Mancha, Spain
- Alfonso Rodr?guez, University of Bio-Bio, Chile
- Andy Koronios, University of South Australia, Australia
- Enrique Herrera-Viedma, University of Granada, Spain
- Jose Farinha, ISCTE, Portugal
- Yin Su, Tsinghua University, China
- Marian Moraga, University of Castilla ? La Mancha, Spain
- Damien Sauveron, University of Limoges, France
- CL Yonke, Aera Energy, USA
The workshop will be held in conjunction with ACM 18th Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM 2009) in Hong Kong, China.