VCIP 2016 : Visual Communications and Image Processing
Call For Papers
The Visual Communications and Image Processing (VCIP) Conference, sponsored by the IEEE Circuits and Systems Society and supported by Institute of Image Processing, University of Electronic Science and Technology of China (UESTC) and IEEE Chengdu Section, will be held in Chengdu – “Heavenly State” in China, during 27-30 November, 2016.
Since 1986, VCIP has served as a premier forum in SPIE for the exchange of fundamental research results and technological advances in the field of visual communications and image processing. The 2016 edition will be the sixth time that VCIP will be held under the auspices of the IEEE. VCIP 2016 shall inherit the tradition of previous conferences in providing fertile ground for leading engineers and scientists from around the world to escalate collaboratively the research frontiers within these and related areas. Original and unpublished work relevant to, but are not limited to, the following topics are hereby solicited.
· Multimedia coding: image, video, graphics coding; emerging coding standards; very-low bit rate coding, high-quality image/video/graphics coding, stereoscopic and 3-D coding;
· Multimedia coding/transmission: joint source and channel coding; distributed coding and transmission; multiple description coding for SISO and MIMO wireless channels;
· Multimedia over networks: media streaming, video over wireless networks, error resilience, scalability, quality of service, cross-layer optimization for improved media delivery, streaming media content delivery networks;
· Image/video processing: filtering, restoration, enhancement, interpolation, superresolution, compressed-domain processing;
· Image/video analysis: object segmentation and tracking, feature extraction, multiresolution, subbands, wavelets, morphological and nonlinear filtering;
· Multimedia content retrieval: image/video storage, indexing, search, and retrieval;
· Multimedia information security: image/video authentication and content protection;
· Synthetic imaging and rendering: stereo, multiview and 3D video, synthetic image/video and graphics representations, 3D and animated 3D models, virtual reality;
· Multimedia system design: hardware and software architectures, scalable computations, low-power and low-memory implementations;
· Application systems: DTV, digital cinema, man-machine interface, imaging/video surveillance, telemedicine, medical imaging;
· Emerging topics: Other timely topics related to image and video processing and communications.
Submission of Regular and Demo Papers: Prospective authors are invited to submit a four-page, full-length paper, including results, figures, and references. Furthermore, VCIP 2016 considers the submission of one-page demo papers with a description of proposed working systems.
Tutorial and Special Session Proposals: Researchers, developers, and practitioners from related communities are invited to submit proposals for organizing tutorials and special sessions on various emerging topics described above. Tutorials will be held on Sunday, November 27, 2016. Proposals must include title, outline, contact and biography information of the presenter, and a short description of the material to be distributed. Special session proposals must provide title, rationale, contact and biography information of the organizers, and a list of possible papers with tentative title and abstract. Special session papers will be regularly reviewed.
Papers accepted for regular, special, and demonstration sessions must be registered and presented to assure their inclusion in the IEEE Xplore Library. Awards will be given to a number of papers with best quality. Please visit the VCIP 2016 website for additional information regarding paper and proposal formatting instructions and submission details.
Submission of Proposals for Tutorial and Special Session: 18 March, 2016
Acceptance Notification of Tutorial and Special Session Proposal: 1 April, 2016
Submission of Papers for Regular, Demo and Special Sessions: 25 April, 2016
Acceptance Notification: 31 July, 2016
Submission of Camera Ready Papers: 19 August, 2016