BigD2M 2016 : 2nd Workshop on Big Data and Data Mining Challenges on IoT and Pervasive Systems
Call For Papers
2nd Workshop on Big Data and Data Mining Challenges on IoT and Pervasive Systems
In conjunction with the 7th Int. Conf. on Ambient Systems, Networks and Technologies (ANT-2016)
May 23-26, 2016, Madrid, Spain.
The deployment of Internet of Things (IoT) represents a potentially massive volume of data to explore. However, it requires more efficient and scalable data analysis methods and raises additional challenges on data management, distribution and storage. Despite the significance of the correlation between IoT and its data management, there is generally a deficiency to understand the suitable approaches to integrate these two new emerging research areas.
The advent of IoT also opens new perspectives for the enterprises that will be able to manage and extract information from these pervasive environments in their Information Systems. The success of these new Pervasive Information Systems depends on the efficient integration of IoT and appropriate data management approaches.
This workshop aims at gathering researchers interested in the big data and data mining challenges for pervasive information systems and IoT environments. We welcome original unpublished research papers (as well as practical experience reports) related to topics of the workshop, which include but are not limited to the following:
• IoT platforms for BigData and Data analytics on clouds or pervasive environments
• Data-intensive computing on hybrid infrastructures (clusters, clouds, grids, P2P)
• Heterogeneous Source Mining
• Pervasive grids and Mobile Edge Computing
• Data streams mining techniques
• Big data analytics and mining applications for pervasive systems
• Data mining techniques for sensor data
• Algorithms for big data analytics and data mining on pervasive environments
• Mining and recommendation techniques for pervasive environments
• Big data analytics applied to Smart Cities
• Programming models, including MapReduce, extensions, and new models applied to pervasive environments
• Scalability and elasticity in big data environments
• Fault-tolerance and reliability in IoT and pervasive environments
• Performance analysis of big data tools and applications in pervasive environments
• Software-defined networks for big data analytics and data mining
• Scheduling and resource management in big data environments
• Challenges in big data storage and processing
• Big data tools, services, and infrastructures on clouds
* Paper Submission: January 3, 2016
* Notification of Acceptance: February 21, 2016
* Final Manuscript: March 13, 2016
PAPER SUBMISSION AND PUBLICATION
The number of pages is limited to 6 pages, including all figures, tables and references. All papers for BigD2M must be submitted via EasyChair at https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=bigd2m2016 .
The submitted paper must be formatted according to the guidelines of Procedia Computer Science, Elsevier, with templates for Word and Latex available at http://cosy.univ-reims.fr/BigD2M/index.php/Guidelines .
All workshops accepted papers will be published by Elsevier Science in the open-access Procedia Computer Science series on-line and hosted at ScienceDirect (www.sciencedirect.com). A selection of outstanding papers presented at the workshop, after further revision, will be considered for publication in journals special issues.
* Luiz Angelo Steffenel, Université de Reims Champagne-Ardenne, France
* Manuele Kirsch Pinheiro, Université Paris 1 Panthéon Sorbonne, France
Available at http://cosy.univ-reims.fr/BigD2M/index.php/Commitee