WCCCE 2009 : Western Canadian Conference on Computing Education
Call For Papers
The WCCCE 2009 Conference Committee is soliciting papers, descriptions of demonstrations, proposals for panels and proposals for Birds of a Feather sessions in a broad range of topics. The topics should be related to teaching and learning in computing science and other computer-related fields such as computer technology and information systems. Topics include, but are not limited to:
* Post-secondary programs and curricula
* New or experimental curricula at any level
* Teaching strategies, materials and tools for specific concepts or courses
* Gender, ethnicity, accesibility issues in computer education
* Applications for distance and/or distributed learning
* Multimedia applications for computer education
* Issues pertaining to enrollment, retention, academic success and experiential learning
* Issues pertaining to retraining and upgrading
* Innovations and approaches to K-12 IT education
* Collaborations between K-12 and post-secondary institutions in IT education
If you are using unique methods to teach a computer related topic, this is the place to share your approach. If you have successfully adopted a new tool or technology in your computer related courses or labs, this is the place to brag about it. If you have developed a tool that improves instruction quality for your courses, this is the place to demonstrate it. Even if you have tried methods or tools in your instruction with little success, we are still eager to hear about it. Your experience will help us all.
Papers may describe teaching strategies, research projects, or instructional tools and applications.
Panels are intended to present multiple perspectives on a single topic.
Birds of a Feather sessions provide an environment for colleagues with similar interests to meet for informal discussion.
February 20th, 2009
* Paper extended abstracts
* Proposals of demonstrations, panel sessions and Birds of a Feather sessions
March 16th, 2009
Acceptance notification for papers and session proposals.
March 30th, 2009
Final papers due.
Paper submission details
Extended abstracts may be:
* in manuscript form (around 1,500 words), or
* in ACM SIG proceedings form (2 to 3 pages).
Final papers should be 6 to 8 pages in length and follow the ACM SIG proceedings form.
* Note that to be included in the ACM Digital Library your final paper must conform to the ACM SIG proceedings form.
Submissions should be sent in pdf format via e-mail to the WCCCE 2009 organizers (firstname.lastname@example.org).
At least one author of each accepted submission must register and present the paper at the conference.
Proposing demonstrations, panels, and Birds of a Feather sessions
Please contact the organizers for details.
Diana Cukierman (email@example.com)