3DCVE 2015 : 3DCVE 2015 - Second International Workshop on Collaborative Virtual Environments
Call For Papers
Second Call for papers: Workshop 3DCVE@IEEEVR2015
Submission deadline has been extended to February 9, 2015
There is a new submission category : Short Position Papers / Research extended abstract
Second International Workshop on Collaborative Virtual Environments
At IEEE Virtual Reality 2015, Arles, France
Tuesday March 24, 2015
We need to improve interaction and collaboration in immersive virtual environments. Indeed, frameworks for the design of immersive and collaborative virtual environments are now mature enough to allow researchers to focus on higher-level description of immersion and collaboration rather than on low-level system features. However, we still have to improve both the immersion of the users and the ability of distant users to collaborate efficiently when they are sharing a virtual environment, by proposing new metaphors for immersive 3D collaborative interactions.
To meet these requirements, we need to be able to adapt VR software to various kinds of immersive hardware devices while we need also to embed a symbolic representation of these devices into the virtual environment in order to make users aware of the limitations of these devices at run-time. For example, embedding in the VE a 3D model of the bounds of the displays devices may prevent users to collide with these devices, if the VR system can rely on an adequate metaphor to make the user aware of the danger. In the same way, when distant users are collaborating in a shared virtual environment, they need interaction metaphors that are adapted to collaboration and also able to make them aware of the actions of the distant users as well as of their limitations.
So, these new trends of immersive and collaborative interaction techniques are raising new issues for design, implementation and evaluation of Immersive Collaborative Virtual Environments. We invite submissions that address theoretical, technical, and practical topics that are related to immersive and/or collaborative VR applications, including but not limited to: Immersive Virtual Reality, 3D Interaction, Metaphors for Collaborative 3D Interactions, Awareness of Collaboration, frameworks supporting 3D CVE development.
We sollicit research papers, technotes, state of the art and position papers within the scope of 3D CVEs.
• Research Papers (up to 8 pages) should describe original research results or original collaborative systems or frameworks
• Technotes (up to 4 pages) should contain unpublished preliminary results of research, application, design or system work
• State of the art reports (up to 8 pages) should provide surveys on one of the topics of this workshop
• Position Papers (up to 6 pages) should present interesting and possibly controversial points of view on one of the topics of this workshop
• Short Position Papers / Research extended abstract (up to 2 pages) should present points of view or ongoing research (work in progress) on one of the topics of this workshop
Submitted papers will be evaluated through a double blind reviewing process of the submissions by the PC committee members and external reviewers.
The symposium proceedings will consist of all accepted papers and will be submitted to the IEEE Digital Library.
Blind submissions should be made through the Easychair system:
If you have any question about this workshop, you can send an email to thierry.duval "at" telecombretagne.eu
• Abstract submission deadline: February 7, 2015
• Paper submission deadline: February 9, 2015
• Notification of acceptance: March 2, 2015
• Camera-ready: March 16, 2015
• Date of the event: Monday March 23, 2015, or Tuesday March 24, 2015