CPSC 2009 : The International Workshop on Cyber Physical and Social Computing
Call For Papers
The physical things and the human society have formed into the world we live in, however the emergence of the information technologies that
enable the new infrastructure for a technical, economic and social revolution have changed the world we are used to. Cyber-Physical Systems (CPS)
are integrations of computation with physical processes. Embedded computers and networks monitor and control physical processes in feedback loops
where physical processes affect computations and vice versa.
Social computing has become more widely known because of its relationship to a number of recent trends. The premise of social computing is that
it is possible to design digital systems that support useful functionality by making socially produced information available to physical things.
Certainly, the cyber physical systems will further benefit from inherent social behaviour thus supply better services.
Therefore the integration of computational and physical processes as well as human's social behaviour exhibits a variety of complicated systems
that can not be analyzed by the computational or physical or social sciences alone. These systems also transcend traditional computer-controlled
systems because of their scale, dependence on man-machine interaction, knowledge of social information and their rich communication
infrastructure that is enabled by various kinds of networks including the Internet.
The International Workshop on Cyber Physical and Social Computing (CPSC2009) is an international forum for researchers to exchange information
regarding advancements in the state of the art and practice of cyber physical and social computing, as well as to identify the emerging research
topics and define the future. The technical program of CPSC2009 will consist of invited talks, paper presentations, and panel discussions.
Topics of Interest include but are not limited to the following:
- Fundamentals of cyber physical and social computing
- Grand challenges for cyber physical and social computing
- Features and requirements of cyber physical and social computing
- Architecture and infrastructure for cyber physical systems
- Applications and experiences of cyber physical systems
- Modeling and analysis of social networks
- Dynamics and evolution patterns of social networks, trend prediction
- Communities discovery and analysis in large scale social networks
- Innovative applications of social network analysis
- Data mining advances on the discovery and analysis of communities
- Scalable, customizable social network infrastructure construction
- Security, privacy, trust and safety of cyber physical & social computing