CONTEXT 2015 : Call for Workshop Proposals CONTEXT 2015
Call For Papers
Call for Workshop Proposals
Larnaca, Cyprus, 2-6 November 2015
Context ’15, the ninth International and Interdisciplinary Conference on Modelling and Using Context, will take place at the Lordos Beach Hotel, Larnaca, Cyprus from 2nd to 6th of November 2015. Context provides a forum for presenting and discussing high-quality research and applications on context modelling and use. The Context conference is held every two years and researchers and practitioners from many disparate fields meet to discuss and report on context-related research and projects Previous CONTEXT conferences have been held in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (CONTEXT’97), Trento, Italy (CONTEXT’99, LNCS 1688), Dundee, Scotland (CONTEXT’01, LNCS 2116), Palo Alto, U.S.A. (CONTEXT’03, LNCS 2680), Paris, France (CONTEXT’05, LNCS 3554), Roskilde, Denmark (CONTEXT’07 LNCS 4635), Karlsruhe, Germany (CONTEXT’11, LNCS 6967), Annecy, France (CONTEXT’13, LNCS 8175). CONTEXT covers a broad spectrum of disciplines working on context including Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence and Ubiquitous Computing, Cognitive Science, Linguistics, Organizational Sciences, Philosophy, Psychology, Application areas such as Medicine, Law, Context-Aware Systems. Find detailed topic list and more information at http://cyprusconferences.org/context2015/ .
CONTEXT 2015 workshops will provide a platform for presenting novel and emerging ideas in the use and the modelling of context in a less formal and possibly more focused way than the conference itself. The format of each workshop is to be determined by the organisers, but it is expected that workshops will contain ample time for general discussion and engagement by all participants - not just those presenting papers. Workshops that foster collaboration, discussion, group problem-solving and community-building initiatives are particularly encouraged. Researchers and practitioners from all relevant fields are invited to submit proposals for review.
Proposals for workshops should contain:
1. A title and brief (2-page max) description of the workshop topic and content.
2. The desired workshop length (one day, two days or a half day) and an estimate of the number of attendees.
3. The names, postal addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses of the organisers, with one-paragraph statements of their research interests and areas of expertise.
4. A list of potential members of the program committee, with an indication of which members have already signed up.
5. A description of any shared tasks associated with the workshop.
6. A description of special requirements for technical needs.
7. An indication of whether posters are likely to be included in the workshop program.
8. Please submit proposals in plain text in the body of an email to the workshop organisers (email@example.com) no later than March 20, 2015.
9. Notification of acceptance of workshop proposals will occur no later than April 1, 2015
Organisers of accepted workshops will be responsible for publicising and running the workshop, including reviewing submissions and producing the camera-ready workshop proceedings and a possibly printed version; the conference website may link to online workshop proceedings. It is crucial that organisers commit to all deadlines.
Workshop organisers cannot accept for publication papers that will be (or have been) published elsewhere, although they are free to set their own policies on simultaneous submission and review. At least one organiser of an accepted workshop is expected attend and lead the workshop; any participant and speaker must register for the conference. The CONTEXT 2015 organisers will set the workshop fees, provide rooms, equipment, technical support, coffee and lunch breaks.
• 20th of March 2015: Workshop proposals due
• 1st of April 2015: Notification of workshop acceptances
• 1st of August 2015 Submission deadline for workshop papers
• 1st of September 2015: Notification of workshop papers
Samia Oussena, school of computing and technology, University of West London- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
MORE INFORMATION ON CONTEXT