GSAW 2015 : Ground System Architectures Workshop 2015 Call for Participation - Deadline Extended to Oct. 13, 2014
Call For Papers
Ground System Architectures Workshop - CFP SUBMISSION DEADLINE EXTENDED TO OCT. 13, 2014
The Ground System Architectures Workshop (GSAW), in its 19th year, provides a forum for the world’s spacecraft ground system experts to collaborate with other ground system users, developers, and researchers through tutorials, presentations, working groups, and panel discussions. New to GSAW this year is a poster session.
This year’s theme is “Perspectives on Ground Services.” Ground systems “services” mean different things to different stakeholders. The term has been used to refer to everything from outsourcing operations to using the cloud. GSAW will be focusing on architectural approaches and business models related to a wide range of service concepts.
We are looking for presentations on leading-edge practices, lessons learned, and research in areas including:
• Outsourcing, crowdsourcing, off-the-shelf, open source, and reuse
• Creative business and development models
• Architecture modeling and model-based approaches
• Virtualization, “Big Data”, and cloud
• Mobile and lightweight platforms
• Cross-mission information sharing
• Autonomy and automation
• Human factors, workload, and effectiveness
• Operations, sustainment, and multi-mission support
• Cybersecurity, information assurance
• Mission assurance and risk management
• Cost, schedule, and governance
• Enterprise management
• Space-ground communications
• Interoperability, compatibility, and standards
• Agile and rapid system development
Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel
March 2–5, 2015
Guidelines can be found at http://gsaw.org/.
Send unclassified submissions and inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 310-336-0454.
Send classified submissions and inquiries to email@example.com or call 891-2321.
Presentations will be 15 minutes in length. Submit an abstract describing the results of your work, progress or case studies. The GSAW committee will present an award for the best presentation.
Working groups are collaborative discussions, four hours in length.
Poster session is new this year.
We are seeking proposals for full- and half-day tutorials to be held on March 2.
Unclassified Session Information
The general workshop will be held at the Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel and will include international attendees. Plenary presentations and working group summaries will be made available on the GSAW website.
Classified Session Information
A classified session will be hosted on March 5 at The Aerospace Corporation. Presentations can be up to the TS//SI/TK//NOFORN classification level. All attendees will be required to have a TS/SCI clearance.
Visit our website at http://gsaw.org/
• Abstracts/proposals due: Oct. 13, 2014
• Notification of acceptance: Nov. 17, 2014
• Accepted presentations due: Feb. 2, 2015
Presenters are responsible for ensuring that all submissions are
cleared for presentation to their respective audiences. This
workshop will be conducted in English.
GSAW is sponsored by The Aerospace Corporation in cooperation with:
• Air Force Space Command
• Air Force Space and Missile Systems Center
• National Reconnaissance Office
• NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
• NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory
• University of Southern California, Center for Systems and Software Engineering
• Software Engineering Institute
• Institute for Software Research, University of California, Irvine
• European Space Agency