EMASC 2014 : 1st International Workshop on Emerging Multimedia Applications and Services for Smart Cities
Call For Papers
Please Accept our Apology for Multiple Posting. THANK YOU.
1st International Workshop on Emerging Multimedia Applications and Services
for Smart Cities(EMASC-2014)
Nov, 7, 2014, Orlando, Florida, USA
In Conjunction with ACM Multimedia 2014
Smart city is the vision of future city - with increasingly instrumented, inter-connected and intelligent urban systems - to improve the quality of life in many aspects including public safety, healthcare, transportation, or energy. With the ever-increasing presence of multimodal sensors in the smart city infrastructure, multimedia plays an indispensable role. As a result new breed of multimedia applications and services are on the way to fulfill the requirements of the residents in smart city. In such an interconnected environment, continuous steams of multimedia data are generated based on the multimodal sensors and socially connected people. These data streams are processed and analyzed to identify the needs of the residents, and to offer them the required services to enhance their quality of life.
The proliferation of multimedia, sensors, pervasive devices, and infrastructures for realizing smart city has brought many challenges that are the core focus of this workshop. More specifically, this workshop aims to report on the state-of-the-art techniques, methodologies, emerging multimedia applications and services that help to realize smart city. We seek high quality papers that were not published elsewhere and have scientific values.
The topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Collaborative sensing, processing and aggregation of multimodal data
- Multimedia-driven situation awareness and decision support systems for smart city
- Mobile, anytime, anywhere sharing of multimedia data in smart city
- Smart multimedia 'systems of systems' in smart city
- Multimedia big data analytics for smart city applications
- Multimedia-enabled emergency response and event handling in smart city
- M2M sharing of multimedia data in smart city
- Multimedia IoT for smart city
- Multimedia service discovery, management and scheduling in smart city
- Crowd-sourcing in smart cities
- Multimedia security and privacy for smart city applications
- Multimedia applications and services (education, health, transport etc.) in smart cities
Papers submitted to the EMASC workshop must not have been previously published and must not be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. Authors are invited to submit a full paper (6 pages) according to the guidelines available on the conference website at http://www.acmmm.org/2014/.
Submission Deadline: July 1, 2014
Acceptance Notification: August 7, 2014
Camera Ready: August 24, 2014
M. Anwar Hossain, King Saud University, KSA
Abdulmotaleb El Saddik, University of Ottawa, Canada
Please send any inquiry on EMASC-2014 to email@example.com