PCS 2009 : Picture Coding Symposium
Conference Series : Picture Coding Symposium
Call For Papers
Picture Coding Symposium (PCS) is an international forum devoted specifically to advancements in visual data coding. Since 1969, PCS has provided the meeting place for the visual coding community: industry, research, academia, and users. The 27th PCS will be held in Chicago, Illinois, USA, on May 6-8, 2009, just before the 17th International Packet Video Workshop, which will be held in Seattle, Washington, USA, on May 11-12, 2009.
PCS will be held at the The Embassy Suites - Chicago Downtown Lake Front Hotel. More information about the conference venue will be available later.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
* Coding of still and moving pictures
* Content-based and object-based coding
* Scalable video coding
* Coding of multiview video and 3D graphics
* Modeling and synthetic coding
* Virtual/augmented reality and telepresence
* Coding for mobile, IP and sensor networks
* High fidelity visual data processing and coding
* Analysis for coding and adaptation
* Transcoding and transmoding
* Joint audio and visual processing and coding
* Subjective and objective quality assessment metrics and methods
* Error robustness, resilience and concealment
* Coding and indexing for database applications
* Protection and integrity of visual data
* Persistent association of information to visual data
* Joint source and channel coding
* Implementation architectures and VLSI
* New applications and techniques for visual data coding
* Standards for visual data coding
Prospective authors are invited to submit extended summaries of no more than four (4) pages, in English, with font size 11, including results, figures and references. Submissions will be accepted only in PDF format. More details about the submission will be available later.
November 21 , 2008 Submission of extended summaries
February 20 , 2009 Notification of acceptance
March 20, 2009 Submission of camera-ready papers
Accepted papers will be published in the Workshop Proceedings.
Questions and inquries can be directly to firstname.lastname@example.org