SBAC-PAD 2014 : 26th International Symposium on Computer Architecture and High Performance Computing
Conference Series : Symposium on Computer Architecture and High Performance Computing
Call For Papers
SBAC-PAD is an international annual conference, started in 1987, which has continuously presented an overview of new developments, applications, and trends in parallel and distributed computing technologies. SBAC-PAD is open for faculty members, researchers, specialists and graduate students around the world. SBAC-PAD 2014 will be held for the first time in Europe at University Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France. It will be jointly sponsored by SBC Brazilian Computer Society, and IEEE Computer Society. The selection process is competitive, with acceptance rates below 33%. This year, the reviewing process will include a rebuttal period.
The proceedings will be published by the IEEE and will also be submitted for inclusion to the IEEE Digital Library. The authors of selected papers will also be invited to submitted extended versions of their work for possible publication in a special issue of Elsevier Parallel Computing dedicated to SBAC-PAD.
Authors are invited to submit original unpublished manuscripts on topics from a wide range of high-performance computing areas, including computer architecture, systems software, languages and compilers, algorithms, networks, distributed systems and applications. Specific topics of interest are:
* Application-specific systems
* Benchmarking, performance measurements, and analysis
* Cloud, Grid, cluster, and peer-to-peer systems
* Embedded and pervasive systems
* GPUs, FPGAs and other accelerator architectures
* High-performance system design for analytics and social networking
* Languages, compilers, and tools for parallel and distributed programming
* Modeling and simulation methodology
* Operating systems and virtualization
* Cryptography, data protection and security in HPC
* Parallel and distributed systems, algorithms, and applications
* Power and energy-efficient systems
* Processor, cache, memory, storage, and network architecture
* Real-world applications and case studies
* Reconfigurable and fault-tolerant systems
All manuscripts will be reviewed and judged on correctness, originality, technical strength, significance, quality of presentation, interest and relevance to the conference attendees. We also seek to provide a forum for the early dissemination of original contributions on emerging topics, such as programming systems and tools for many-core processors, management software for solid-state storage systems, all aspects of game consoles, green IT and data-center-scale computing. Submissions on new topics will be reviewed with the understanding that they are likely to contain more limited quantitative evaluations than those on established topics.
more complete information about the committee composition can be found in http://sbac.lip6.fr/2014/committees.php