WMED 2009 : The Seventh Annual IEEE Workshop on Microelectronics and Electron Devices
Call For Papers
The Seventh Annual IEEE Workshop on Microelectronics and Electron Devices will provide a forum for reviewing and discussing all aspects of microelectronics including processing, electrical characterization, design and new device technologies. This symposium will consist of both invited and contributed talks and papers as well as a poster session throughout the afternoon. Faculty, students, and researchers in industry are encouraged to contribute presentations on either completed research or "work-in-progress" research. Topics are in the following areas that will form the contributing sessions and poster sessions in the workshop program:
Microelectronic Device Processing and Process Integration
- Trends in submicron technologies; product development (DRAM, SRAM, Flash, CMOS Imagers); new device technologies (Phase Change Memory, Resistive Memory, Ferroelectric Memory, Nano-electronics), novel transistors, device improvements.
Microelectronic Device Electrical and Reliability Testing
- Dielectric reliability; device reliability; phase change memory reliability; novel memory technology testing schemes; electrical properties of novel devices.
Semiconductor Packaging and Reliability
- Semiconductor package reliability, Design for Manufacturability, and stacked die packaging, and novel assembly processes. Novel packaging structures, processes, and materials.
Microelectromechanical Systems (MEMS)
- Novel processes and materials, MEMS research, development and performance.
Microelectronic Circuit Design
- New product design, design techniques, and memory sensing schemes.
IEEE WMED Manuscript Submission Process
An IEEE Publication of the accepted papers and a CD-ROM including the papers and presentations is planned and will be available at the start of the workshop. Submitted manuscripts will be limited to four pages and should follow the IEEE Electron Device Letters publication format guidelines.
Download sample Microsoft Word Template
For a more detailed manuscript preparation instructions can be downloaded at: http://www.ieee.org/portal/cms_docs/pubs/transactions/auinfo03.pdf
Please submit your IEEE-formatted four-page manuscript by January 26th, 2008 to the 2009 IEEE WMED Publications Chair, email@example.com, 208-368-1773.
Questions concerning the conference, paper content, or the paper submission process can be directed to: Shyam Surthi, 2009 IEEE WMED General Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org, 208-368-1773.
Important Workshop Dates
January 26, 2009: Manuscript Submission Deadline
February 13, 2009: Acceptance Notification
February 20, 2009: Final Manuscript Submission
March 16, 2009: Deadline for Advance Registration
March 20, 2009: Presentation Submission Deadline
April 03, 2009: Workshop