Mobisys 2009 : The 7th International Conference on Mobile Systems, Applications, and Services
Conference Series : International Conference on Mobile Systems, Applications, and Services
Call For Papers
MobiSys 2009 seeks papers that take a broad systems perspective rather than focus narrowly on low-level components. The conference values results and insights obtained from working implementations more highly than those obtained solely from simulations. If you have any questions regarding relevance or other submission-related issues, please contact the program chairs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
* Design, implementation, and evaluation of mobile and wireless systems,
* Middleware and service architectures for mobile and wireless applications,
* Data management for mobile and wireless applications,
* Operating systems for resource-constrained mobile devices,
* Support for mobile social networking and mobile Web 2.0,
* Experience with sensor networks and systems,
* Infrastructure support for mobility,
* Security and privacy in mobile and wireless systems,
* User interfaces and usability issues for mobile and wireless applications,
* System-level energy management for mobile and wireless devices,
* Wearable and handheld devices in the context of system design,
* Personal-area networks and systems,
* Cyber foraging and resource discovery for mobile services,
* Systems for context sensing and context awareness,
* Tools and design methodologies for building mobile and wireless systems,
* Mobile computing support for pervasive computing,
* Experience with mobile and wireless systems.
Submissions should be full papers, up to 14 single-spaced 8.5" x 11" pages, including figures, tables, and references, in two-column format, using 10-point type on 12-point (single-spaced) leading with reasonable margins. The first page of each paper should include the names and affiliations of the authors, i.e., the submissions should not be anonymous. Submissions will be judged on originality, significance, interest, clarity, relevance, and technical correctness. Papers may be conditionally accepted and shepherded by a member of the program committee, with final acceptance determined by consent of the shepherd. Papers of particular merit will be forwarded to IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing for possible publication in a special section of the journal.
MobiSys, like most conferences and journals, requires that papers must not be submitted simultaneously to any other conference or publication, that submissions must not be previously published, and that accepted papers must not be subsequently published elsewhere. Papers accompanied by nondisclosure agreement forms are not acceptable and will be returned to the author(s) unread. As customary with the scientific peer review process, submissions will be handled as confidential material during the review process.
23:59 EST November 26th, 2008
Full papers due:
23:59 EST December 3rd, 2008
Notification of acceptance:
March 2nd, 2009
Final camera-ready due:
TBD (likely early April, 2009)
These are hard deadlines.
No extensions will be granted.