Sp. Issue on Personalization 2008 : Extended deadline: Special Issue on Intelligent Techniques for Personalization and Recommendation
Call For Papers
CALL FOR PAPERS
Special Issue on Intelligent Techniques for Personalization and Recommendation
International Journal of Advanced Intelligence Paradigms (IJAIP)
Aims & Scope
In recent years, personalization and recommendation technologies have emerged as a means to help users to cope with the problem of information overload caused by the explosive growth of resources available through on-line sources. Examples include adaptive systems, which adapt their behavior to the user preferences and needs, and recommender systems that predict the relevance of diverse items (e.g., movies, travels, products, etc.) according to the user interests. Efficient intelligent techniques are needed to mine data gathered from user behavior for actionable knowledge allowing to enhance user experience. Intelligent techniques to be applied in personalization and recommendation must address important challenges arising from both the technological and the human perspective, which require the involvement of multiple research fields such as user modeling, machine learning, intelligent information retrieval, data and text mining, statistics, computational intelligence, human-computer interaction and intelligent software agents.
The aim of this issue is to bring together researchers and practitioners working on personalization and recommendation technologies based on intelligent techniques to share their insights, research achievements and experiences in the development of real-world applications.
The guest editor welcomes the submission of original papers addressing the specification and application of intelligent techniques to personalization and recommendation in diverse domains.
Topics of particular interest include (without being limited to):
- Machine learning techniques for personalization
- Data and text mining for personalization
- Web usage, content, and structure mining for personalization
- User profiling in adaptive systems
- Collaborative and content-based algorithms for recommendation
- Group modeling and community discovery algorithms
- Methodologies for evaluation of recommender and adaptive systems
- Human-computer interaction aspects of personalization
- Conversation recommender systems
- Explanation in recommender systems
- Social modeling and social networking for recommendation
- Security and privacy aspects of personalization and recommendation
- Trust management and reputation in recommender systems
- Interface agents, personal assistants and multi-agent systems for recommendation
- Novel recommendation techniques and algorithms for Web and Web 2.0
- Innovative applications of personalization and recommendation technologies
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
All papers are refereed through a peer review process. A guide for authors, sample copies and other relevant information for submitting papers are available on the Submission of Papers page. (http://www.inderscience.com/papers)
Title and abstract submission (optional): as soon as possible
Manuscript submission deadline: September 22th, 2008
Notification of acceptance: October 15th, 2008
Final version deadline: October 30th, 2008
Editors and Notes
You may send one copy in the form of a MS Word or PDF file attached to an e-mail to the following address:
Dra. Daniela Godoy
ISISTAN Research Institute
Tandil, Bs. As., Argentina
Please include in your submission the subject line: "IJAIP Special Issue Submission".