ComSense 2014 : The 2nd International Workshop on Communications and Sensor Networks
Call For Papers
The 2nd International Workshop on Communications and Sensor Networks (ComSense-2014) provides an international forum on the latest technologies and research in the field of Communications and Sensor Networks. ComSense-2014 will be held in Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada on August 17-20, 2014 in conjunction with The 9th International Conference on Future Networks and Communications (FNC-2014).
Workshop Website: https://sites.google.com/site/comsense2014/
Scope of ComSense-2014 covers the fast growing domains in smart communications embedded in complex systems, for a wide variety of applications in the forthcoming generation of networks and smart grid technologies. The day by day increasing popularity and diffusion of innovative services and applications exploited the raising challenges. These issues demand to rebuild available technologies to meet the coming needs of ever growing user base. ComSense-2014 targets to address the current research results in Wireless Communications and Mobile Networking to present their methodologies, models, technologies, systems, tools, applications, work in progress and experiences.
The selected topics of ComSense-2014 include but are not limited to the following:
• Future Internet
• Hybrid networks
• Optical networks
• Service level agreements
• Radio-frequency identification (RFID) technology
• Localization and Tracking
• Smart grids
• Secure Multimedia Streaming and Transmission
• QoS and Admission Control
• Medium access control protocols
• Network management
• Network services and protocols
• Service Localization Cross-layer design for mobile and wireless networks
• Dynamic spectrum management
• Disruption tolerant networks
• Energy-efficient networks
• Network applications & services
• and Pervasiveness
• Personal area networks
• Performance-oriented design and evaluation focused on networks and mobile applications
• Quality of service provisioning
• Routing protocols
• Sensor networks
• 60 GHz networking
• Wireless networks
• Testbed design and implementation
• Traffic Engineering and measurements
• Fault tolerance and availability of mobile services
• Testing and monitoring of mobile applications
• Service level agreements
• Cellular and mobile communications
• Wireless Mesh Networks
• Communication protocols (IEEE 802.15.4, ZigBee, LowPAN)
• Autonomic Management and Operation
• Geographic routing
• Delay tolerant networks
• Bio-inspired and nature-inspired solutions in wireless ad hoc and sensor networks
• Broadband access technologies
• Cognitive radio
• Optimization for Effective Communications
• Peer-to-Peer Networks
• Opportunistic networks
• Wireless Sensor Networks and Applications
• Mobility modeling and management
• Mobility protocols
• Performance evaluation and analysis
• Under water networks
• Submission due: 29 March, 2014.
• Notification of acceptance: 24 May, 2014.
• Camera-ready due: 19 June, 2014.
• Workshop: 17-20 August, 2014.
SUBMISSION AND PROCEEDINGS
All papers accepted for workshops will be included in the FNC-2014 proceedings, which will be published by Elsevier. The authors must follow Elsevier guidelines as given in FNC-2014 website (http://cs-conferences.acadiau.ca/fnc-14/). The number of pages for workshop papers is limited to 6 pages. Authors should submit their contributions electronically in PDF format at: https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=comsense2014.
The submission processes will be managed by easychair.org. If you have used this system before, you can use the same username and password. If this is your first time using EasyChair, you will need to register for an account by clicking "I have no EasyChair account" button. Upon completion of registration, you will get a notification email from the system and you are ready for submitting your paper. You can upload and re-upload the paper to the system by the submission due date.
All ComSense-2014 workshop accepted papers will be printed in the conference proceedings published by Elsevier Science in the open-access Procedia Computer Science series on-line. Procedia Computer Sciences is hosted on www.Elsevier.com and on Elsevier content platform ScienceDirect (www.sciencedirect.com), and will be freely available worldwide. All papers in Procedia will also be indexed by Thomson Reuters' Conference Proceeding Citation Index http://thomsonreuters.com/conference-proceedings-citation-index/. The papers will contain linked references, XML versions and citable DOI numbers. You will be able to provide a hyperlink to all delegates and direct your conference website visitors to your proceedings. All accepted papers will also be indexed in DBLP (http://dblp.uni-trier.de/).
Technical Program Committee
• Bill Robertson, Dalhousie University (Canada)
• William Phillips, Dalhousie University (Canada)
• Shyamala Sivakumar, Saint Mary's University (Canada)
• Umar Qasim, University of Alberta (Canada)
• Mohammad Nisar, King Saud University (Saudi Arabia)
• Amjad Gawanmeh, Concordia University (Canada)
• Nadeem Javaid, COMSATS IIT (Pakistan)
• Zahoor Khan, Dalhousie University (Canada)
• Saad Qaiser, NUST (Pakistan)
• Mohammad Imran, King Saud University (Saudi Arabia)
• Sana Akram, Institute of space technology (Pakistan)
• Adib Rastegarnia, University of Tehran (Iran)
• Anum Tauqir, Institute of space technology (Pakistan)
WORKSHOP CHAIRS & ORGANIZERS
Assistant Professor (PT) & Postdoctoral Fellow,
Faculty of Engineering,
Dalhousie University, Halifax, Canada.
Nadeem Javaid, Ph.D. (University of Paris-Est, France)
Assistant Professor, Center for Advanced Studies in Telecommunications (CAST),
COMSATS IIT, Islamabad, Pakistan.
If you have any further questions please contact one of the workshop organizers.